Naked Neck/Turken Thread

The plan is to keep him as long as i can before my wife kills him. He just started crowing 2 weeks ago. Yesterday he went into a crowing competition with the gold roo and i was just waiting and watching for the neighbors blinds to crack.

Unfortunately the count is 1 LF roo, 2 LF pullets, 1 bantam roo and 5 bantam pullets. He's quite a bit larger than most of the ladies excluding my 1 turken pullet and 1 brahma pullet.

That rooster looks positively stately, but this NN frizzle hen...I LOVE her!
droolin.gif
Thank you, she is quite the prissy gal.

This time of year, I envy you folks who live in warmer climates but in our short summer, I'm glad to be here!!!

Yes, WV is called Mid-Atlantic but the difference in temps, both night and day is dramatic. I don't remember

a night, even in the middle of summer that a quilt didn't feel good when the sun goes down.

I'm seeing some very fine looking birds showing up on the NN pages and from what I can see,

the NN is getting more and more popular. A little bit of that is a good thing..too much can be a curse.

This time of year, I envy you folks who live in warmer climates but in our short summer, I'm glad to be here!!!

Yes, WV is called Mid-Atlantic but the difference in temps, both night and day is dramatic. I don't remember

a night, even in the middle of summer that a quilt didn't feel good when the sun goes down.

I'm seeing some very fine looking birds showing up on the NN pages and from what I can see,

the NN is getting more and more popular. A little bit of that is a good thing..too much can be a curse.

Very true, but the NN has a lot of positive attributes that many simply can't see because they can't get past the naked neck itself. I think their appearance may help keep the attention and interesting from hitting that "too much" point...I hope. Now that I have my chicks I've fallen in love with this breed, and I still think it's probably an ideal bird for this climate. (My teenage judge jokes that they're cute and fuzzy when young, but look an awful lot like our desert turkey vultures when they get older, so they're born to be AZ natives.
roll.png
)

Back
Top Bottom