Naked Neck/Turken Thread

And I though MY NNs were big!!! A word of unsolicited advice....don't count your chickens...you know the rest. Things have away of stomping on our plans so if it were me, I'd get her with the cock I like and get some chicks on the ground and more than I think I need...JMHO

Completely agree with this. Breed and collect all eggs from her now even if not pure. She's extremely unusual and valuable.

These 7 are from my Salmon Naked Neck rooster over 2 Red (Duckwing) 1/2 Easter Egger and 1/2 Production Red.
All look like they're going to be some form of red coloring. So they are going to be part of my Green Egger Baked Neck project. Except for the cockerels. They will be sold.

Guessing pullet pea combed.

Pullet, pea combed.

Cockerel. Pea combed.

Pullet. Pea combed.

Cockerel. Pea combed.

Pullet. Single comb. Watching, maybe culled.

Pullet. Pea combed.

These are 3 weeks and 4 days old.

Last edited:
These 3 are from the same father as the above 7 chicks. These though are from a Buff Crossbred hen. She was the only one that was laying a brown egg. So I know which they came from.

This one is I think a Salmon colored cockerel.

I believe this is a pullet. Not sure what color she will be.

Another pullet, again not sure what color she will take on.

And I though MY NNs were big!!! A word of unsolicited advice....don't count your chickens...you know the rest. Things have away of stomping on our plans so if it were me, I'd get her with the cock I like and get some chicks on the ground and more than I think I need...JMHO

Yeah I know, around here it's like nothing good ever happens. I think something great is about ready to happen and something puts a great big road block up in my way. That is why Friday I am going to get the new fence and start getting the NN pen up and ready I may give Turken and Spot some time alone in there first lol.

8 more NYDHatch-A-Long babies:
These are from my Blue Copper ( not really sure that is what color he is considered though just what I call him. He reminds mr of a blue copper Marans.

Black. Pullet I think.

Cockerel I think. Not sure that it can be seen bit I think I saw some gold lacing in his neck feathers.

I think a cockerel. Blue.

Pullet. Black.

Cockerel. Birchen.

Cockerel. Birchen.

Cockerel. Black.

Pullet. White, but dies have a small black spot on her.

These are just guesses in their sex. Looks like females are out growing the cockerels and looks like they (females)are getting the tail feathers in faster.

Last edited:
Yeah I know, around here it's like nothing good ever happens. I think something great is about ready to happen and something puts a great big road block up in my way. That is why Friday I am going to get the new fence and start getting the NN pen up and ready I may give Turken and Spot some time alone in there first lol.
thumbsup.gif

I will have to get some new pictures of my naked neck project birds. I finally hatched one perfect one from my cross, black skin, black feathers, and a single comb. I am crossing my fingers that it is a hen. I also hatched one with black skin and white feathers with black patches, and my newest hatch was a naked neck with black feathers and regular skin except the top part of its legs, which are black skinned.

Back
Top Bottom