Naked Neck/Turken Thread

I agree, it's a boy. My reasons- the body color is a bit dark, especially considering it is also blue. Males often are a shade or two darker than their female siblings. The legs also appear quite thick.

Going to be a beautiful roo!

[B][B]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6741404/width/200/height/400[/B][/B]Frizzle Polish X Naked Neck Easter Egger rooster over Broiler Breeder Hen.Got 4 chicks,2 frizzle and 2 not frizzle.Only one was naked neck. The frizzles are huge.[/QUOTE]

How did you manage to get a broiler breeder hen? Is the goal heavy frizzled NN? Love that crested gal in other picture. Great to see you're still around and breeding wonderful birds.

I agree, it's a boy. My reasons- the body color is a bit dark, especially considering it is also blue. Males often are a shade or two darker than their female siblings. The legs also appear quite thick.

Going to be a beautiful roo!

I guess I should have mentioned my reasoning too....the same as your's except I didn't pick up on the color factor.
gig.gif

Like many people, I've always favored the cocks but without the hens, there would be a serious dearth of males!!!

A good laugh...I miscalculated the thickness on our blue gill pond and I'm still wet from my toes to my teats... It's plenty warm in the house but I just can't seem to get dry, after being inside for more than 45 minutes. The temp was negative 4 but seemed so much colder with that wind whipping around me.

I hope everyone else's day starts off and ends better than mine!!!!!!! lololol

EDIT: Jason has just informed me that the 'woman in the house' has requested a 'reasonable shelter', 6' tall electric fence put up around said pond for something she has wanted for a long time...a flock of Moscovy ducks. Both Jason and I are not happy with the prospect of duck sheit every where because we both know the fence is a joke, even with clipped wings and a pond. Our only hope would be that Jason gets the 4-wheeler in the garage and everything freezes and gets snowed over quickly before Ariel begins measuring and walking off distaces.

Who am I kidding...the ducks are just about assured and the blue gills are virtually under assault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Goodby delicious little fishies...lol

Last edited:
I guess I should have mentioned my reasoning too....the same as your's except I didn't pick up on the color factor.
gig.gif

Like many people, I've always favored the cocks but without the hens, there would be a serious dearth of males!!!

A good laugh...I miscalculated the thickness on our blue gill pond and I'm still wet from my toes to my teats... It's plenty warm in the house but I just can't seem to get dry, after being inside for more than 45 minutes. The temp was negative 4 but seemed so much colder with that wind whipping around me.

EDIT: Jason has just informed me that the 'woman in the house' has requested a 'reasonable shelter', 6' tall electric fence put up around said pond for something she has wanted for a long time...a flock of Moscovy ducks. Both Jason and I are not happy with the prospect of duck sheit every where because we both know the fence is a joke, even with clipped wings and a pond. Our only hope would be that Jason gets the 4-wheeler in the garage and everything freezes and gets snowed over quickly before Ariel begins measuring and walking off distaces.

Who am I kidding...the ducks are just about assured and the blue gills are virtually under assault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good by delicious little fishies...lol
yuckyuck.gif
Wow! You had quite a day already, LOL!

gig.gif

Who am I kidding...the ducks are just about assured and the blue gills are virtually under assault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Goodby delicious little fishies...lol

Roasted muscovy would have warmed you right up.... lol Yikes, that couldn't have been fun at all!

I love muscovies but man, too right about them squirting everywhere. That's the reason I didn't run out and get more after that bobcat wiped them out in one night....

Last edited:
Roasted muscovy would have warmed you right up.... lol Yikes, that couldn't have been fun at all!

I love muscovies but man, too right about them squirting everywhere. That's the reason I didn't run out and get more after that bobcat wiped them out in one night....

My mom had muscovies here ad I do like them, better than any other duck or goose for that matter. With so few chickens here now, I don't suppose there will be any real harm in having them here, so long as she permits me or her to keep the flock thinned.

I do like the taste of the breasts and of course, the feet. The rest of the body, including the foot broth makes for excellent soup, especially Schezwan style. Now....that would warm me up!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom