Naked Neck/Turken Thread

You should get a mix as long as the EEs carry the O gene.

With EEs you can get OO, Oo & oo birds so if you want the blue gene you will need to work up a breeding program, do test breeding for the O gene in your roos and the hens you wish to breed. Record keeping will help you. The gene is close to the pea comb but honestly there are lots of single comb breeds around the globe with the O gene, as the English say "the proof is in the pudding" when it comes to what a pullet will lay.

Good luck on your project. :)  
take my advice go to Murdoch's ranch and home supply to pick up or reserve some chicks cause their only 3.99 were I live

Luckily I have plenty of girls left and one rooster, however it's having to go through hatching again this year and with me being bad off with my back, and my aunt is bad off with cancer so I am having to travel for her almost daily, it makes it hard on me to take care of eggs, but I will get it done. I don't want anything to happen to what I have left.But if it does I will have to have the back up plan in place just in case. I think we fixed the issue, and now the dog is loose in the yard at night to tell me if anything is around.

A few pics from today

Mom and baby, tried for better shots, but mom wasn't having any of it!

And of course there is Rudy the rudester, it was really windy today w/ a cold wind so he got his sweater back today, he isn't happy about it either.

Bella, the rudester's mate, though she loves the rabbits more.

When he hatched I thought I saw feather follicles on his elbows and sure enough little fluffs at his elbows.

One week to go!!!!
jumpy.gif

A few pics from today

Mom and baby, tried for better shots, but mom wasn't having any of it!

And of course there is Rudy the rudester, it was really windy today w/ a cold wind so he got his sweater back today, he isn't happy about it either.

Bella, the rudester's mate, though she loves the rabbits more.

When he hatched I thought I saw feather follicles on his elbows and sure enough little fluffs at his elbows.

One week to go!!!!
jumpy.gif

These photos have me grinning from ear to ear. Thank you for sharing! Momma and chick are simply beautiful...and I can't help but admire Rudy's dignity. Look at that gorgeous, proud face! Who needs feathers?

So far from my hatch I have added 6 Naked Necks.

1 of them has a possibility if a pullet of laying a green egg. The oldest Green Egger Ndked Neck pullet was cooped with a Black Jersey Giant rooster. One of the eggs that hatched was a Naked Neck, so I wait to see if I have a pullet or not, then if it is I have to wait to see if she'll lay a green egg. So the wait is on.

Back
Top Bottom