Naked Neck/Turken Thread

I thought so, but it doesn't seem to work with these ones. Some look like legbars, but are naked where the head spot would be. Some hatched Wheaten like their dad. The only two I'm sorta sure about are the black ones...one pullet and one cockerel.

That's confusing... cannot get blacks from a wheaten roo over legbar. If they're really black or mostly black with some brown coloring, then the wheaten roo was not the father, at least not over a legbar. A black cockerel with no trace of barring definitely was not from a legbar hen. If the black cockerel does have barring and it was for sure from a legbar egg, then it was a black or black copper rooster as the father.

I didn't consider wheaten though, their chick down does make the head spot pretty hard to see. however you should be able to see variable traces of barring on the feathers of cockerels.

Haha not sure why exactly I haven't been showing them off.. Maybe modesty....?
gig.gif

This is Precious, my very first scaleless chick (Feb 2014) She is the fuzziest one so far, the rest are very naked. I just love her head fuzz.

Cute name!

What did you call the rest
tongue.png

I have several, they do just fine aside from needing some accommodations for winter. Kassaundra is in Oklahoma and her rooster went through the winter just fine but with modified clothes and a shelter with cuddle buddies.

Much milder here so I was able to get away with an outfit much like a doggie clothes thing and an insulated box.

Here's my baby from this spring- note the legs and toes, no scales at all:

Kev,
I will be out in San Diego the beginning of July and driving back to Florida, Do you think you will have any naked chickens available? Maybe young cockerels, one in FM and one in normal?
Rob

Quote: Ooops, I should have clarified that the black chicks are from a different hen, not the legbars. I just had them all out tonight and they ALL look the same. LOL My legbar hens are pretty heavily barred, so all my legbar chicks are barred. Some hatched with classic legbar pullet markings, some looked like cockerels, and others were wheaten with gorgeous eyeliner. Now they are all barred with pink heads and ambiguous combs. I guess they'll keep me waiting.

My grandma culled a hen yesterday and she had 3.7 kg cleaned, with no feathers or inside. She was huge! I hope that some of her eggs are under the broodies she sat and that they will hatch!

My grandma culled a hen yesterday and she had 3.7 kg cleaned, with no feathers or inside. She was huge! I hope that some of her eggs are under the broodies she sat and that they will hatch!

:eek:    For us Americans, 3.7 kg x 2.2 = 8.14 lbs

X2 @Kassaundra that is big for a hen.
Glad you did the math. I don't know those grams and kilograms and such.

Back
Top Bottom