Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Yes it is.

I haven't eaten one yet, just a small Cornish X that had to be culled. But they sure look good although not as much breast meat as the Cornish x. I did add a pic of them in the freezer. :)

Thanks and they look delicious!
droolin.gif
what's the butcher age on those? It's 10-13 wks for the freedom rangers.

How does that waterer work for you and is it refillable from the top? Looking for a better watering setup.. not so young anymore to be flipping water containers.

Thanks and they look delicious! :drool   what's the butcher age on those?  It's 10-13 wks for the freedom rangers.

How does that waterer work for you and is it refillable from the top?  Looking for a better watering setup..  not so young anymore to be flipping water containers.

The sign at the store said 8 - 10 weeks, not thst store information is necessarily reliable. The 8 chickens we butchered were the largest of the group and at 8 weeks were 3.5 - 4 lbs dressed. They were mostly on an 18 - 20% protein commercial feed free choice.
The waterer is ok. The chickens so far seem to find it easier to learn to use the horizontal nipples rather than the cups and the nipples stay cleaner too. Yes, it can be filled from the top but would work better if I kept the chickens from roosting on it. You can easily make the waterers with any kind of plastic container you have around thst seems like it would work. I have horses so always have left over supplement buckets of various sizes.

Thanks and they look delicious!
droolin.gif
what's the butcher age on those? It's 10-13 wks for the freedom rangers.

How does that waterer work for you and is it refillable from the top? Looking for a better watering setup.. not so young anymore to be flipping water containers.

I got these on amazon prety ood and cheep. tey have a 50 pack for $13 too wth free shipping with prime.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008AZTHNS...&ascsubtag=c6061aa22cb6bac4c773c727607c9fbd_S

http://www.amazon.com/Nipple-Drinke..._sim_lg_7?ie=UTF8&refRID=0NPMQ7KRJE56XS84JV3G

Last edited:
I killed and processed my first chicken today...my NN cockerel with the feathered shanks. He processed out at 3.5 pounds exactly at 16 weeks. R.I.P. Screech...and thanks for supplying the main course for dinner.

I killed and processed my first chicken today...my NN cockerel with the feathered shanks. He processed out at 3.5 pounds exactly at 16 weeks. R.I.P. Screech...and thanks for supplying the main course for dinner.

Sounds like fine fare and excellent weight!!! Let us know about the quality of meat and taste/texture, for which this breed is noted.

Back
Top Bottom