Naked Neck/Turken Thread

"Mixed" isn't a dirty word on this thread. Most of us actually view it as a good thing. lol

That's the truth! Since acquiring my NNs I tend to think nearly all other breeds would be improved by a dose of NN blood.
wink.png

I have some NN bantams that will be hatchinh shortly june8 and june18 if you live somewhere near south Florida

I agree that mixed is a good thing! I've actually left other threads because the people there are so uptight about type and breed standards and a little bit of color being off. A lot of them have special colors of this or that...what they don't realize is that people MIXED breeds to get all the new and expensive breeds and colors.

I'm glad all you NN lovers are just happy to have cute chickens.
cool.png

ANYONE have or Know of, where I can get Chicks: NN
love.gif
Bantams .

Farms stores will not carry them, Only N N are LF ..

The best bet are getting eggs shipped to you or being very lucky to find a local private/backyarder who has some. Try Craigslist, local ads online or on paper.. ask at feed store.. post a wanted ad in the eggs/chicks part on byc.

The only hatchery I can think of that does bantam NN is Dunlap hatchery. Would have to order 25, probably. Duane Urch in Owatonna sells eggs and chicks but it is definitely 25 chicks minimum from him. My first bantams came from him many years ago and some were pretty small.. but seems he has reduced his flock to single colors in some breeds- might have only whites in the bantams?

btw- dunlap birds look like NN mixed into OEGB.

Last edited:
"Mixed" isn't a dirty word on this thread. Most of us actually view it as a good thing. lol

Right on!

In fact I'm a little annoyed at one cross not being diverse enough, ha! It was a colorful(white body with soft blue tail and soft gold and a little bit of brown) rooster over a wheaten o shamo hen.

Out of something like maybe 10-12 total chicks, only *one* got the blue gene, only two got the silver gene and it is looking like there really is just one boy?!

I agree that mixed is a good thing! I've actually left other threads because the people there are so uptight about type and breed standards and a little bit of color being off. A lot of them have special colors of this or that...what they don't realize is that people MIXED breeds to get all the new and expensive breeds and colors.

I'm glad all you NN lovers are just happy to have cute chickens.
cool.png

Even less people realize that in some breeds, the different colors or lines may have been re-created without using any or much of the 'main breed'... for example, something like white rocks were made without using barred rocks at all... yet they are completely accepted as 'color variety of breed X'.

Back
Top Bottom