Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Sharing some recent pics of my Aloha Naked Necks. The "Alohas" were my attempt to try and make something like a Swedish Flower, before they were imported. Now the Alohas are kind of their own thing! LOL.

The Alohas with Naked Necks, though, are new this year:

The spotty Turkens are actually kind of cool, so I will probably be setting up a pen of them and offering some hatching eggs on Ebay this Spring, to see if there is any interest. These are some of the young girls that I'm keeping for that pen.

Just wanted to share the pretty spots!
smile.png

Sharing some recent pics of my Aloha Naked Necks. The "Alohas" were my attempt to try and make something like a Swedish Flower, before they were imported. Now the Alohas are kind of their own thing! LOL. The Alohas with Naked Necks, though, are new this year: The spotty Turkens are actually kind of cool, so I will probably be setting up a pen of them and offering some hatching eggs on Ebay this Spring, to see if there is any interest. These are some of the young girls that I'm keeping for that pen. Just wanted to share the pretty spots! :)
I'm getting ready to get rid if all my roosters that I am currently using, except one. I'll use him over the nine hens that I'll be keeping over the winter. I'll actually have a few more hens to start the spring but they are a little young yet. Four from the New Years hatch and I'll have 8 pullets from a late May hatch. I have 1 Aloha Naked Neck, and two Aloha roosters I'll be keeping for my next years breeders. One Aloha is really a good Spangled one, the other is a Buff with good spotting like a Speckled Sussex except the red replaced by the buff. I'll also keep a younger rooster Columbian colored one he does have a streak of red on his lower back near the tail feathers. Him because that's all I have left of my original line of Naked Necks. I have 200 eggs incubating now and will try to pick out around 40 naked necked pullets to raise up for my next years layers.

Last edited:
Awesome "spotty" nn's. How big are they?
These are "regular" size! The smallest are Leghorns size, maybe 4 pound hens, and the biggest are like any "normal" laying hen - not jumbo like a Orpington, but same size as a Production Red. Probably 5-6 pounds? Pretty good size!

Definitely NOT "banty" size! Yay!

Last edited:
I'm getting ready to get rid if all my roosters that I am currently using, except one.

I'll use him over the nine hens that I'll be keeping over the winter. I'll actually have a few more hens to start the spring but they are a little young yet. Four from the New Years hatch and I'll have 8 pullets from a late May hatch.

I have 1 Aloha Naked Neck, and two Aloha roosters I'll be keeping for my next years breeders. One Aloha is really a good Spangled one the other is a Buff with good spotting like a Speckled Sussex except the red replaced by the buff.
I'll also keep a younger rooster Columbian colored dies have a streak of red on his lower back near the tail feathers. Him because that's all I have left of my original line of Naked Necks.

I have 200 eggs incubating now and will try to pick out around 40 naked necked pullets to raise up for my next years layers.
200 eggs in the bator? That's going to keep you busy! LOL.

I'll be sure to send some of these eggs to you, Draye. It will be a while still. I'm limited on pens, and some of these younger hens won't start laying until November or December. So probably will be January next year before I get the "exclusive" NN pen set up?

200 eggs in the bator?  That's going to keep you busy!  LOL.  

I'll be sure to send some of these eggs to you, Draye.  It will be a while still.   I'm limited on pens, and some of these younger hens won't start laying until November or December.  So probably will be January next year before I get the "exclusive" NN pen set up?  

Yeah it will keep me busy. I do plan on selling the majority of them. I'm going to try my hand at sexing them and keep only pullets to raise but will probably keep back 2 or 3 cockerels as a just in case.

That would be a good time for them in early March for setting. It will give me more Aloha blood to work with.

I have 16 eggs in the incubator from my Mottled Partridge hen. I had her mated up with a younger cockerel that was mostly red but had a few mottled on his wing and chest area. He was from patents that came from a 2013 New Years hatch of mine. So I'm hoping for some mottled from them.

Last edited:
Yeah it will keep me bust. I do plan on selling the majority of them. I'm going to try my hand at sexing them and keep only pullets to raise but will probably keep back 2 or 3 cockerels as a just in case.

That would be a good time for them in early March for setting. It will give me more Aloha blood to work with.

I have 16 eggs in the incubator from my Mottled Partridge hen. I had her mated up with a younger cockerel that was mostly red but had a few mottled on his wing and chest area. He was from patents that came from a 2013 New Years hatch of mine. So I'm hoping for some mottled from them.
Cool! I can't wait to see if the Partridge / Red boy hatch out some spots! That would be awesome!
smile.png

Oh, and be sure to post the results of your attempts to try and keep pullets, will be awesome if it works!

Last edited:
Sharing some recent pics of my Aloha Naked Necks. The "Alohas" were my attempt to try and make something like a Swedish Flower, before they were imported. Now the Alohas are kind of their own thing! LOL.

The Alohas with Naked Necks, though, are new this year:

The spotty Turkens are actually kind of cool, so I will probably be setting up a pen of them and offering some hatching eggs on Ebay this Spring, to see if there is any interest. These are some of the young girls that I'm keeping for that pen.

Just wanted to share the pretty spots!
smile.png

These are so lovely!!!!!
love.gif

- Ant Farm

@flower , I realised that before. Always ready for joke. Without people like him, this thread would be boring.

Thanks! I always had B in English, but since I joined this forum I actually have A! So I have to thank you guys for that!

@hellbender I agree with that. In a few years the whole world will be talking only english.

I disagree. They say that within 7 years, the whole world will be speaking Spanish!

Back
Top Bottom