Naked Neck/Turken Thread

These are so lovely!!!!!
love.gif

- Ant Farm

These are really pretty. They do indeed look like Swedish Flowers! I have SF. Maybe my SF roo will give me a chick like this from one of my NN hens!

Yipee! My naked Naked Neck who has been featherless since she molted last February is finally growing back some feathers! I was afraid I was going to have to knit her a sweater for the winter!

She has been like this since Feb!

Picture from today!

These are really pretty. They do indeed look like Swedish Flowers! I have SF. Maybe my SF roo will give me a chick like this from one of my NN hens!
It could happen, if your NN carries the Mottling gene! Some of them do.

The tricky thing is, the Mottling gene is recessive, which means it can hide. If you take a spotty NN and cross it to a "solid" color, the babies will look "solid".

BUT - you might find a little clue that the gene is hiding there. It will be a stray white tip to a feather. Might show up as a white tip to one of the tail feathers, or hidden in the wing, or one tiny white tip on the back. Those are little "clues" that the Mottling gene is present. So go check your hens and see if any of them show the signs! I thought my neighbor's NN hen was just a solid buff, until she gave me a Mille spotted chick, which only happens if both parents are carriers. So I looked her over closer, and I found a teeny white tip on one of her tail feathers. Go figure! LOL.

I disagree. They say that within 7 years, the whole world will be speaking Spanish!

"THEY" must be the citizens of the fine state of Florida but even after Spanish influence from the get go and 70 years of additional Cuban/Spanish influence, English is still the predominant tongue that is used by everyone in that state, despite the folks who CAN speak Spanish as well.

7 years...what hole was that pulled out of???
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

EDIT: Keep in mind, I'm posting this with great mirth but the Chinese are paying Americans with teaching degrees exorbitant sums of money to live and teach English in every province. That can't be 'for nothin'.

It's my understanding that British folks are being excluded unless they have a good grasp of English as spoken by Americans.

Last edited:

One of my SF hens. The one in the middle on the bottom is a male and I sold him yesterday, and I have another female that has his brighter coloring. My SF roo is the same color as the little guy. So if any of my NN hens have some funky white spots on them, It may have the mottling gene and would turn out fun colored?

One of my SF hens. The one in the middle on the bottom is a male and I sold him yesterday, and I have another female that has his brighter coloring. My SF roo is the same color as the little guy. So if any of my NN hens have some funky white spots on them, It may have the mottling gene and would turn out fun colored?
Nice colors, different. Can't tell for sure but is that a dun color in him?

Back
Top Bottom