Naked Neck/Turken Thread

I also like different and unusual...naked neck, beards, feathered legs, crests, rumpless...give me them all!

ETA: I don't really like the extra toe on some of the exotics, but it would be in poor taste to go over to the silkie thread and post that there.
tongue.png

So how about a naked necked, crested, bearded, feather legged, rumpless, horn spiked, multi spurred scaleless bird...? lol

I hate to point out the obvious but ..................................................................

common sense and courtesy are not flowers that bloom in every garden

And what is it in your personality that brings you to the NN thread? Do you feel a need to be creeped-out?

There are thousands of other threads on BYC that feature chickens with fully feathered necks and for that matter, many of them have feathers on their feet...I'm sure you would be welcomed at one of those.

Thumbs up!

Last edited:
I'm sorry...I am interested in learning about the different breeds of chickens. Just because I don't share your opinion about their looks doesn't mean I am personally insulting you. I'm sorry if I offended you. I still like the breed, I just happen to think that they are not very pretty. You don't need to take it so personally.

I would actually love to get some turkens soon. They are great dual purpose birds, have very nice personalities, and the chicks are cute. I realize now that it was not desirable for my first post on this thread to be something negative regarding the breed, but please consider other factors before bashing me for my post. I love turkens as birds. But not for their looks. If you get upset at another opinion....that isn't very thoughtful either. Still, I'm so sorry if I came off rudely. I wish I had added more to my post. I've learned my lesson...
1f642.png

We do take it personally because we love our birds.

If someone came up to you as you walked your dog and told you it was ugly, sure you'd be offended too.

There is this thing called the golden rule...

I'm so sorry. I will delete my post so as to not offend anyone further. I never said I didn't like your birds, only that the entire breed's appearance wasn't appealing to me. I love turkens for their other traits, like many kinds of dogs.

I hold no permanent grudge as I too have inserted foot in mouth on occasion so we can just see how things go as we move on. At least that's my view.

Back
Top Bottom