Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Out of my last 3 hatches I said I wouldn't keep any of the chicks, but this little girl is so pretty I couldn't let her go. It is hard to see in the picture, but her feathers are tan and blue barred. Not sure what she'll look like when she's all grown up.

Out of my last 3 hatches I said I wouldn't keep any of the chicks, but this little girl is so pretty I couldn't let her go. It is hard to see in the picture, but her feathers are tan and blue barred. Not sure what she'll look like when she's all grown up.

She's so lovely!!!
love.gif

Not sure how will she turn out later, but she is going to be beautiful for sure.

Oooooo I think I have her cockerel twin!!!
This is my Mr. Howdy Doody

I have a question. Once I finish the coop, I'll be moving the girls in together, and leaving the three boys in the tractor until everyone grows up a bit and gets over their hormones. Though it's plenty warm right now (oddly), January and February will likely be quite chilly. The tractor is a bit more open to elements (on purpose, for ventilation), and there is no enclosed structure inside for very cold weather and wind. They've all done ok so far on cold nights with body heat, but with just three boys there in the future, I think I'll need to provide more shelter with the reduced numbers (esp. given their nakedness/fewer feathers). What do you guys think of putting one of these doghouses inside the tractor for them to retreat into on cold nights? (Saw it at Tractor Supply today.) Other thoughts? Just trying to plan ahead...

- Ant Farm

How cold does it get? It couldn't hurt to get those but if the winters are mild enough, all they really need is a dry night time roost and dry areas for the day.

Back
Top Bottom