Naked Neck/Turken Thread

I took this pic last night 5 minutes before the sicker one jumped down. she preferred to sleep next to her friend:

my big fat girl is sitting on the roost. she is much better but I kept her inside at night. she is out now and the other one is still in the house. here she is:

as you can see she is eating today. and yesterday she layed an egg! I MUST save this girl!

My nakeds officially do not like the nasty cold weather we are having. Out of six hens, the two oldest ones stopped laying in November, the two middle ones are broody, and the two youngest ones are laying 2 or 3 eggs per week. We'll all be happy when spring arrives.

And my little blue/tan pullet just gets more beautiful every day.

My nakeds officially do not like the nasty cold weather we are having. Out of six hens, the two oldest ones stopped laying in November, the two middle ones are broody, and the two youngest ones are laying 2 or 3 eggs per week. We'll all be happy when spring arrives.

And my little blue/tan pullet just gets more beautiful every day.

I am waiting for spring as well although we don't have a real winter.

can you post a pic of your pullet?

I'll keep you posted.

the big fat one is fighting with everyone again, I guess she is already ok. I keep her inside at night only because I don't want to risk.

On the 25th, Christmas Day I set 16 NN eggs. All should hatch naked necked.

Did a 9 day candling. 11 out of the 16 are good and shows veining.

This I think is fairly good fertility, a young rooster May 27 or 28 hatch date so he's still under 1 year old. He had 7 hens he's covering although I think there are only 3 or 4 that are actually laying.

In the category of interesting crows - Snape (my big NN cockerel) has been refining his crow, and sometimes gets into crowing "conversations" with Dumbledore. This afternoon, it became clear that he has quite the lung capacity with amazing ability to sustain a note for a LONG time. I think he's practicing for a career as a football/soccer announcer, as in "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!!"

That, or he wants to be an opera singer...
lau.gif

- Ant Farm

On the 25th, Christmas Day I set 16 NN eggs. All should hatch naked necked.

Did a 9 day candling. 11 out of the 16 are good and shows veining.

This I think is fairly good fertility, a young rooster May 27 or 28 hatch date so he's still under 1 year old. He had 7 hens he's covering although I think there are only 3 or 4 that are actually laying.

congrats!

do roos mate with all the hens which stay with him? I can see my roos with the same hens and I think they don't mate with all of them. for some unknown reason they didn't accept new pullets nor try to mate with them. they (roos) scare them away all the time.

In the category of interesting crows - Snape (my big NN cockerel) has been refining his crow, and sometimes gets into crowing "conversations" with Dumbledore. This afternoon, it became clear that he has quite the lung capacity with amazing ability to sustain a note for a LONG time. I think he's practicing for a career as a football/soccer announcer, as in "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!!"

That, or he wants to be an opera singer...
lau.gif

- Ant Farm

my cockerels are trying to compete pavarotti as well! I hope my neighbors will not sue me
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom