Naked Neck/Turken Thread

It is with a heavy heart I make this announcement. Rudy the rudester has died. He wasn't sick or unwell acting, his death was sudden and unexpected and did not involve trauma. His life was as full as any rooster could expect, he got to live his life w/ the sun on his face and w/ his own flock of adoring flockmates both chicken and rabbit. He will be missed.
So sorry Kass. I don't suppose you got any fertile eggs from him.

No!!! Not Rudy!! I'm so sorry for your loss, that is terrible. Thank you for giving him a good, full life while he was here. He was a handsome weirdo...

Rudy in his weird little clothes on youtube videos are the only reason I have any naked necks at all.

It is with a heavy heart I make this announcement. Rudy the rudester has died. He wasn't sick or unwell acting, his death was sudden and unexpected and did not involve trauma. His life was as full as any rooster could expect, he got to live his life w/ the sun on his face and w/ his own flock of adoring flockmates both chicken and rabbit. He will be missed.
I am so sorry! Rudy was the rock star of chickens and I will miss reading about him and seeing hs adorable pictures.

RIP Rudy. So sorry for your loss
sad.png

@Kassaundra , do you still have fm scsc boy? How many nakeds do you have now

Yes besides Rudy I had 3 nakeds, but had given one to a friend since Rudy discovered Houdini was a boy and wasn't tolerant. I have two others now Stripey butt who I thought was a girl, but this past week or two is proving otherwise, not crowing yet but he is a boy, and Phyllis she is a girl.

Yes besides Rudy I had 3 nakeds, but had given one to  a friend since Rudy discovered Houdini was a boy and wasn't tolerant.  I have two others now Stripey butt who I thought was a girl, but this past week or two is proving otherwise, not crowing yet but he is a boy, and Phyllis she is a girl.

Oh Phyllis.. she is great. I wonder if she started laying. I don't remember Stripey butt, but I know how Houdini looks.

Last edited:
I hope this is not a no-no. I posted in What Gender and it includes a pair of turkens that I am afraid are both roos. Let me know if better pics are needed. Three months old.

More pics at https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1072843/culling-what-i-think-are-roosters
Posting some better pics of the turkens. Even though everyone on the general thread thinks that they are roos, would like to get your expert opinion. Prety sure the larger less red one is a roo (and confirmed by one here) so it is the smaller more red one that I am wanting confirmed if possible. They are three months old from McMurray hatchery.

Back
Top Bottom