Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Has anyone crossed a naked neck rooster with a Cornish or Asil hen? What was the result?

That'd be cute (the Asil would look at bit like a giraffe
gig.gif
)

Quote:
Oh, I know it's not the end of the world. It's just that those two are top of the plans for breeding (biggest, prettiest) - well besides Sweetie (who is NN, big, buff, and laid eggs earliest.)

BTW, I have so many chicks on hand I had to cut down my chick order - I'm not getting those BLRW or the Lavender Ameraucanas. They were not part of any of my plans, but were just "pretty", so I couldn't justify - I cut it back to the original minimum 20 chicks, with German New Hampshires, Blue Copper Marans, and a few olive eggers for eggy fun. That's more than enough to work with for now, I think...

Now to build build build...

- Ant Farm

Last edited:
Oh, I know it's not the end of the world. It's just that those two are top of the plans for breeding (biggest, prettiest) - well besides Sweetie (who is NN, big, buff, and laid eggs earliest.)

BTW, I have so many chicks on hand I had to cut down my chick order - I'm not getting those BLRW or the Lavender Ameraucanas. They were not part of any of my plans, but were just "pretty", so I couldn't justify - I cut it back to the original minimum 20 chicks, with German New Hampshires, Blue Copper Marans, and a few olive eggers for eggy fun. That's more than enough to work with for now, I think...

Now to build build build...

- Ant Farm

Oh bummers, tbh, was kinda looking forward to your Isabel NN but might be a good idea.. don;t want to get so overwhelmed it becomes not such a fun hobby anymore(been there myself....)

One of my to do projects is to increase the number of colored eggers. From the last flock reduction and just plain gambling on pre POL pullets and cockerels, the number of colored egger hens came down to just two.. and one is an ancient 20-something that pretty much lays only one clutch a year.. Got a little extra bit of recent luck with two new pullets laying colored eggs(one green, one blue), waiting on two pullets to start laying in their isolation pens. Got a little worried I'd lost it forever but whew...

I figure I can try that Isabel NN thing later. But I will be SWIMMING in chicks this spring. I will likely have to make some decisions pretty early just due to the constraints on space. Yikes...

Yeah, I want it to be fun, not a horrible overwhelming experience...
ep.gif

Too true.

I should not mention I used to have lavender NN.. it's still floating around in the two fibro bantam NN lines here...

Back
Top Bottom