Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Noooo... that was a great bird, sorry on the loss.
Tell me about it. The only bird big enough to have done it is the little black turken beside her. All of my other birds currently are bantam sized. Whoever it was ripped the skin and feathers off my cochins head. I am hoping it was simply a product of being cooped up all winter with the cold rainy weather.

Oh, I know it's not the end of the world. It's just that those two are top of the plans for breeding (biggest, prettiest) - well besides Sweetie (who is NN, big, buff, and laid eggs earliest.)

BTW, I have so many chicks on hand I had to cut down my chick order - I'm not getting those BLRW or the Lavender Ameraucanas. They were not part of any of my plans, but were just "pretty", so I couldn't justify - I cut it back to the original minimum 20 chicks, with German New Hampshires, Blue Copper Marans, and a few olive eggers for eggy fun. That's more than enough to work with for now, I think...

Now to build build build...

- Ant Farm

I'm right there with you. My hubby got the outdoor pens covered last weekend and I managed to get a new roosting station built, but that doesn't even scratch the surface. And my "little" incubation of 6-8 eggs turned into 24, so......time for me to make more room either by culling or building...or both.
roll.png

I'm right there with you. My hubby got the outdoor pens covered last weekend and I managed to get a new roosting station built, but that doesn't even scratch the surface. And my "little" incubation of 6-8 eggs turned into 24, so......time for me to make more room either by culling or building...or both.
roll.png

only 24...?

how about "culling" weeds/brush to make room for MORE PENS! not helping am I? lol

what's cooking in the bator?

lavender

lavender cuckoo
Temptation, get thee behind me!!!!!
he.gif

Quote: This really was such a lovely girl - so sorry that this happened.

Quote: Yeah, chicken math sort of sucks a little bit.

I "need" to get these chicks for some planned crosses (and there was a 20 chick minimum), and I need to hatch earlier than expected to begin to breed for Marek's resistance in my Cream Legbars, so the goal is for things to settle down and for me to get back down in numbers after this spring...
fl.gif

Last edited:
I reduced my flick. Wednesday night I sold two of my POL pullets.

Tuesday I'm supposed to sell some young ones, not sure how many will be going.
Late Thursday afternoon though I set 112 eggs for the Hatch-A-Long.

I reduced my flick. Wednesday night I sold two of my POL pullets.

Tuesday I'm supposed to sell some young ones, not sure how many will be going.
Late Thursday afternoon though I set 112 eggs for the Hatch-A-Long.

can't wait to see new colours!

Back
Top Bottom