Naked Neck/Turken Thread

I had a hatch a while back that yielded 4 NN out of 16 chicks. I have one that is not a NN that was injured and in caring for it I have noticed that it's feathers are very thin in density. When it turns its head to the right , there is a line of featherless skin about a half inch wide on the left side of the base of the neck down the body. There are other places that have similar density. This one will be easy to pluck. I am wondering if there is a related gene that does this.

I had a hatch a while back that yielded 4 NN out of 16 chicks. I have one that is not a NN that was injured and in caring for it I have noticed that it's feathers are very thin in density.  When it turns its head to the right , there is a line of featherless skin about a half inch wide on the left side of the base of the neck down the body.  There are other places that have similar density. This one will be easy to pluck. I am wondering if there is a related gene that does this. 

If there is skin showing, even having to look hard to find it, I'd say it was a Naked Neck.

I have a couple of hens that show very little skin because the bow ties are really huge. This causes a lot of fully feathered chicks.

One of those hens and a rooster produced six chicks here is a picture of four if them.

Because of big bow ties. All turned out fully feathered.

Hello in Naked Neckland.

Babies are growing.

I'll get pictures later this week.

I can't wait to see them!

it seems that one of my new baby NN will be big and heavy. she has already been bigger and heavier than the other one. she looks like chocolate and her name is choco.

Back
Top Bottom