Naked Neck/Turken Thread

@Fire Ant Farm

Well I did it. These are the most featherless birds I could find in the group. 4 Roos and 4 hens.

How are they? Last picture is of them chowing down right after being put into pen. They haven't stopped eating since I got home.

cuties
love.gif

@Fire Ant Farm

Well I did it. These are the most featherless birds I could find in the group. 4 Roos and 4 hens.

How are they? Last picture is of them chowing down right after being put into pen. They haven't stopped eating since I got home.
You did good - they look great!!!!! (You're making me want more NN babies - I have to control myself and NOT get out the incubator...)
lol.png

Quote: Yup - All NN. Makes it easier when breeding if you wish to keep Naked Necks (esp. if you have interest in crosses).

Quote: If you have the patience, it would be interesting for you to get weights at 1 week and weekly after that (you could use zip ties to mark/ID them if you need to). In my experience, growth is impressive.

So glad you got them - I think you'll enjoy having them, especially with your super hot temperatures.
thumbsup.gif

- Ant Farm

I'll try
You did good - they look great!!!!! (You're making me want more NN babies - I have to control myself and NOT get out the incubator...) :lol:

Yup - All NN. Makes it easier when breeding if you wish to keep Naked Necks (esp. if you have interest in crosses).

If you have the patience, it would be interesting for you to get weights at 1 week and weekly after that (you could use zip ties to mark/ID them if you need to). In my experience, growth is impressive. 

So glad you got them - I think you'll enjoy having them, especially with your super hot temperatures. :thumbsup

- Ant Farm 

Thanks. I'll try weighing them
One of the hen chick is looking iffy already. She was
Small but had least feathers so took chance. :fl

Haven't been on in a while! Been busy building our new coop!
Old one:

Tearing down the old one:

New Coop:

We are still needing to add some interior things....auto water system and more roost and fencing another run, but the chickens are in and they seem to enjoy it!

Going to have an interesting experience tomorrow. Got an egg eating Naked Neck pullet that I can't break. Called my aunt who said to bring it down and she'd show me what to do...poor thing. Going to be tasty, though...

Going to have an interesting experience tomorrow. Got an egg eating Naked Neck pullet that I can't break. Called my aunt who said to bring it down and she'd show me what to do...poor thing. Going to be tasty, though...

Just keep telling yourself, a great life w/ one bad day, it's more then most chickens get.

Old one:

New Coop:

We are still needing to add some interior things....auto water system and more roost and fencing another run, but the chickens are in and they seem to enjoy it!
bow.gif
Wow, that is an awesome upgrade!!!

I'll try
Quote: Sorry to hear that - pulling for her!
fl.gif

Old one:

New Coop:

Wow!!!!!! Gorgeous!!!!! I am SO impressed!
clap.gif

- Ant Farm

Back
Top Bottom