Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Getting ready to put in some eggs to incubate. I really really need more chickens right? Especially Naked Necks right?

Putting in 48 eggs 35 of them are refrigerated eggs. Testing to see how they hatch. Got them setting out to get to room temperature first.

20 of them are green eggs, these are all laid by two different hens.
17 of these are the dark brown eggs that I think that odd colored cockerel came from. It's hard to tell for sure if they are all hers as I have two or three more that may that dark if an egg. Not marans chocolate but very dark.

11 are just random eggs I picked to set to make a whole tray to go into the Bator. Finally got it fixed so I have to test it out to make sure it works right, right?

good luck! I am curious what will happen with the refrigerated eggs. I know that some people managed to hatch some.
3 1/2 weeks old- Waiting to name this little one until I figure out if it's pullet or not

looks like pullet to me. a beautiful one!

3 1/2 weeks old- Waiting to name this little one until I figure out if it's pullet or not

Looks like a pullet to me.
smile.png

Some pics of my NN babies, they're two weeks old now.
I was just curious, the two black ones have developed dark skin on the back of their heads, is this normal?

I have a black pullet like that. At first it was just a touch of black on her face, but now it's actually about a third of the way down her neck. I named her Michonne after one of my favorite characters from "The Walking Dead". She's my fearless little warrior chick...wearing her war paint.
wink.png

good luck! I am curious what will happen with the refrigerated eggs. I know that some people managed to hatch some.

looks like pullet to me. a beautiful one!

I have been told that as long as they don't get down to freezing, as in they stay above 34 degrees or so, they will stay viable. I imagine low temps like that shorten the amount of time that they would stay viable, though. I'll be interested to see how it comes out as well.

Getting ready to put in some eggs to incubate. I really really need more chickens right? Especially Naked Necks right?

Putting in 48 eggs 35 of them are refrigerated eggs. Testing to see how they hatch. Got them setting out to get to room temperature first.

20 of them are green eggs, these are all laid by two different hens.
17 of these are the dark brown eggs that I think that odd colored cockerel came from. It's hard to tell for sure if they are all hers as I have two or three more that may that dark if an egg. Not marans chocolate but very dark.

11 are just random eggs I picked to set to make a whole tray to go into the Bator. Finally got it fixed so I have to test it out to make sure it works right, right?

Yes testing is imperative. :lau

I've had real good success with refrigerated eggs. They will do fine. Did you check the temp of fridge at egg level?

No I didn't think to do that. But as much stuff as was stuffed into that fridge they weren't near freezing.

Yea same here. And as often as it gets open...
I just hatched some Dark Cornish in hopes of getting a better breed of them. Last batch had every comb known to the chicken world. Well almost every one.

Back
Top Bottom