Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Even if this is considered partridge (I have always thought that was "wild type") still to my eye it is very different from the pic of your bird.  This pattern still has a much more "structured" pattern, your bird's patterning seems "chaotic" by comparison to me.  Your birds bib looks to me not to have any patterning at all, the wild type and the partridge both have patterning in the neck feathers, that I think would show up at least on the edges of the bib????

If I were forced to name it I would think it is white w/ black leakage????  But Kev or someone w/ a better grasp of chicken genetics will have a better answer, I'm sure.

This pullet was a wild type at hatch.she was out of the mottled Partridges that I have.

I've decided though she is a Silver Oartdge anyway. I'm thinking sone kind of Wheaten.

Last edited:
Hi all. Haven't been on here in a while, but still loving my Naked Necks! Thought I'd post some pics. Most are mixes to produce colored eggs!

This pullet was a wild type at hatch.she was out of the mottled Partridges that I have.

I've decided though she is a Silver Oartdge anyway. I'm thinking sone kind of Wheaten.

I would describe her as primarily Quail with some other genes thrown in to muddy the waters, so to speak. The Quail coloration has a patterned back and solid front.

Here is a Quail OEGB hen from Feathersite:

I would describe her as primarily Quail with some other genes thrown in to muddy the waters, so to speak. The Quail coloration has a patterned back and solid front.

Here is a Quail OEGB hen from Feathersite:

Here is the hen that we were actually talking about.

The other one I was using as an example.

Finally coming back on. I also got the...updating page thing.

Anyway, very happy that Gladys' tail is normal now. She had problems with a meanie picking on her. Even her bare neck. Meanie is gone.

LL

Back
Top Bottom