Naked Neck/Turken Thread

@chickengr you could get a AC cockerel and make one! Even one with quite a bit of leakage could get you a guy like this and many Ayam breeders are usually happy to cull those from their flock at a decent price.

in greece AC are not cheap. they are rare.

I have a cockerel that is all black but his comb is too small. I saw him crowing so I hope he is not hermaphrodite. the other cockerel is not pure black. he has some silver.

They are getting less expensive here in the US as there are more breeders. You might be able to use a smooth silkie for skin color an Austrolorp for feathering.
I’m not sure of shipping but you may be able to go AC eggs shipped to you but I’m assuming those would be ridiculous expensive also.

Ok, I can officially join this thread now that I finally do have some NN's. I have a couple of newly hatched naked neck- Australorp mixes, and one of those turned out to be black, and the other one is blue. I also just got some buff NN pullets and a NN cockerel today.
Welcome to the Naked world.

Ok, I can officially join this thread now that I finally do have some NN's. I have a couple of newly hatched naked neck- Australorp mixes, and one of those turned out to be black, and the other one is blue. I also just got some buff NN pullets and a NN cockerel today.

Yay! I'm so glad you joined! I can't wait for you to share photos of your NNs as they grow (hint, hint).

Hi! Longtime lurker (I've read to page 1776 so far) but just finally joined. This thread has been an amazing wealth of information for what has become my favorite breed!
20171213_104255.jpg

Back
Top Bottom