Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Thanks guys!
I have a lot of buff, red, and blue barring in my birds. It's been a challenge to get clean barring in my girls, but I've got a few good ones to work with. This is one of my best barred girls.
Trixie 6-1-17.jpg

This year I'm hoping to breed more solid white and solid black, along with adding blue, splash, lavender and mottled feathering...without losing egg production and size. That's the real trick. A lot of my girls, even those with single combs, lay green and blue eggs too.

I was wondering if I could create an auto-sexing Naked Neck from 3 Transylvanian NN hens that are buff in color, but have the barring look in the feathering. I also picked up some of those Crested Cream Legbar's, but those have to grow up first. Will I be able to make some auto-sexing NN's from these?

She's probably just taking a break. Don't fret. If they lay year round they will stop laying earlier in life. They need to take breaks so they can keep laying for more years to come.

unfortunately she is a pullet who never started to lay. she hatched around march/april. I have other 2 pullets who are 1-2 months younger than her and both are laying.

Back
Top Bottom