Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Are those black ones bearded?

I can't really tell yet but some look like it don't they? Some look like they have feathers up the front of their necks but bare on the back of the neck. I'll be able to sit in the coop with them this weekend and get better pics I hope.

Do you have any birds that could throw beards?

I honestly have no idea. These weren't hatched from my flock, I had them shipped from @cactusrota

I looked at the pics a bit closer and they look like they just have more feathers on their faces than some of the others. Maybe not beards in a true sense.

I honestly have no idea. These weren't hatched from my flock, I had them shipped from @cactusrota

I looked at the pics a bit closer and they look like they just have more feathers on their faces than some of the others. Maybe not beards in a true sense.
If I sent you any blue eggs from my Ameraucana she doesn't really have much in the way of a beard, mostly just cheek puffs.

Yesterday I've lost my only turken hen. Three weeks ago she was attacked by a stray dog that somebody left on the river near my house and she came over while chickens were free ranging and she pulled her tail feathers. She did have a small scratch near cloaca but it healed up by the next day and she contiuned laying normaly so I wasn't really worried, but kept an eye on her. Yesterday when I came home from work, mom told me she had 10 cm of some kind of intestine covered in yolk. I haven't seen it neither did she took a picture of her but could it be somehow related to attack? She was young, probably around one year old, but she was a great layer, laying 6/7 eggs a week and never had any other problems with eggs, and like I said, continued laying after the attack and had no problems laying. Also we got two RSL's a while ago and introduced them to a flock on last Wednesday, so exactly one week ago. They were quarantined and seemed to have no problems. Could this be somehow related?
I know that this isn't much info but I want to know if this could be some illness or was she egg-bound, had vent prolapse or something similar. Thanks

Yesterday I've lost my only turken hen. Three weeks ago she was attacked by a stray dog that somebody left on the river near my house and she came over while chickens were free ranging and she pulled her tail feathers. She did have a small scratch near cloaca but it healed up by the next day and she contiuned laying normaly so I wasn't really worried, but kept an eye on her. Yesterday when I came home from work, mom told me she had 10 cm of some kind of intestine covered in yolk. I haven't seen it neither did she took a picture of her but could it be somehow related to attack? She was young, probably around one year old, but she was a great layer, laying 6/7 eggs a week and never had any other problems with eggs, and like I said, continued laying after the attack and had no problems laying. Also we got two RSL's a while ago and introduced them to a flock on last Wednesday, so exactly one week ago. They were quarantined and seemed to have no problems. Could this be somehow related?
I know that this isn't much info but I want to know if this could be some illness or was she egg-bound, had vent prolapse or something similar. Thanks
Oh no that is so sad!!! It's hard to say, but scar tissue could possibly have caused a thick hard spot that led to a prolapse maybe? Just a guess... Or if a egg broke inside of her... That can happen, too.

So sorry... :hit

Back
Top Bottom