Naked Neck/Turken Thread

No, I don't know what kind of a dog could jump 2 meter high fence and get out of it and only kill one hen, I highly doubt it, and snakes here practicly don't exist. I really don't think anything killed her- something must've happend with her.

dogs can jump 2 meters high fence but they would definitively kill more than 1 chicken.

20190511_072210_Signature.jpg
20190511_072638_Signature.jpg
20190511_072939_Signature.jpg
20190511_072943_Signature.jpg
20190511_073035_Signature.jpg
20190511_073049_Signature-1_Signature.jpg
20190511_073416_Signature_Signature-1_Signature.jpg
20190511_072934_Signature.jpg

@cactusrota look at the chick in the front in the second pic. It's got blue patches on the wings. That is going to be a pretty bird! I think it's a roo, that comb, but I'm in love!

I let the littles out for the first time a bit this morning, Fugs was in there checking them out. @BlueBaby he is such a good boy.

So my two NN chicks are 5 weeks old now.
One of them is being extremely dominant with my older pullets and hens.
Their broody “mama” Bootsie wants nothing to do with them anymore and even pecks at them.
I wonder if the one chick was doing this to her?
I actually thought one chick was male and the one doing this in the video was female but now I think they’re both males.
So I uploaded some video of the chicks aggression with my 10 month old Jersey Giant pullet, Charlotte.
Charlotte will squat very easily. If I just hold my hand over her she’ll go into a squat.
In the first shorter video, I thought the chick was just being aggressive.
But in the second one, it continues to chase and jump at Charlotte and then appears to actually “breed” her. :eek:

View attachment 1771586 View attachment 1771587 View attachment 1771588 View attachment 1771589 View attachment 1771590 View attachment 1771591 View attachment 1771592 View attachment 1771593

@cactusrota look at the chick in the front in the second pic. It's got blue patches on the wings. That is going to be a pretty bird! I think it's a roo, that comb, but I'm in love!

I let the littles out for the first time a bit this morning, Fugs was in there checking them out. @BlueBaby he is such a good boy.
You ended up with some really good looking babies there! How exciting!!!!!

Their broody “mama” Bootsie wants nothing to do with them anymore and even pecks at them.
I actually thought one chick was male and the one doing this in the video was female but now I think they’re both males.
So I uploaded some video of the chicks aggression with my 10 month old Jersey Giant pullet, Charlotte.
Charlotte will squat very easily. If I just hold my hand over her she’ll go into a squat.
But in the second one, it continues to chase and jump at Charlotte and then appears to actually “breed” her. :eek:

:gigI enjoyed your commentary. Someone definitely knows he's a boy!

He just let you know early on that he is a boy and that he is going to be the one who is going to want to be the dominate roo.

Back
Top Bottom