Nathalie’s little flock (intro)

Are guineas sociable like some chickens? They only ones I have seen close up are at our zoo. They free range them and also peafowl, to help keep bugs down. At the zoo they hang around the food court and know people will feed them. I did once and even the young ones came over.

Are guineas sociable like some chickens? They only ones I have seen close up are at our zoo. They free range them and also peafowl, to help keep bugs down. At the zoo they hang around the food court and know people will feed them. I did once and even the young ones came over.
Hi @drumstick diva :frow
I was told guineas aren’t very sociable from nature, but if you ask me personally, i do think they are..
That is, if you start giving them enough attention when hatched (mine where hatched in the incubator) they can become very social. I have to say i did all kind of moves and positions (i hope that sounds right haha) to get them used to me. I noticed they can easily be scared off when approached from above. I also made whistling sounds when they just hatched, and ‘called’ them when they were walking around in our livingroom.
They love to cuddle...really!
FCC9B8B3-6D4D-444D-BC34-2C52BBCEE7FA.jpeg

**Update our broody hen**
So, yesterday when i came home from work, i wanted to check on our broody Wyandotte (we call her “little sister” because she’s smaller than her big sister).
Then i noticed an eggshell laying in the night area.
After petting Little Sis, i lifted her up (very gently) and oh, there was the first hatchling:celebrate(yellow)
That afternoon, number 2 also hatched (whity, with a little black dot on the head..not sure, but i think i read somewhere it’s a roo when they have a little dot on the head...?
Anyways, i have some pics and videos (having problems uploading videos, so will share some pics instead)
12D62574-7B88-48E5-A9DA-F12C631C9B4C.jpeg 2EB0A015-E98A-43F8-8EA0-22C99335BDA4.jpeg

**Update our broody hen**
So, yesterday when i came home from work, i wanted to check on our broody Wyandotte (we call her “little sister” because she’s smaller than her big sister).
Then i noticed an eggshell laying in the night area.
After petting Little Sis, i lifted her up (very gently) and oh, there was the first hatchling:celebrate(yellow)
That afternoon, number 2 also hatched (whity, with a little black dot on the head..not sure, but i think i read somewhere it’s a roo when they have a little dot on the head...?
Anyways, i have some pics and videos (having problems uploading videos, so will share some pics instead)
View attachment 1804997 View attachment 1804998
Oh yay! :ya... they are so adorable! :love.... it’s so exciting :clap

Back
Top Bottom