NEED HELP Baby chick with weak legs, trouble with walking and constantly sleeps

Bred

In the Brooder
Jun 21, 2021
We have just hatched some baby chicks in an incubator, all of them were fine except one little guy, hes around 4 days old. I noticed he has almost no strengh to walk and constantly sleeps, he drinks and eat just fine, the only time he tries to walk is when going for food, but most of the time he just ends up crawling instead of walking. When sleeping he tends to breaths heavily and fast. Is there please any way i can help him?

Attachments

• 16535022049748606192579131500985.jpg
    16535022049748606192579131500985.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 17
  • 16535023408918495204146757973266.jpg
    16535023408918495204146757973266.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 1
Yes. Give the chick warm sugar water and Poultry Nutri-drench. It needs jump starting with glucose and main-lined vitamins as Nutri-drench by-passes the liver, not needing to be metabolized.

One teaspoon sugar to one cup water. Warmed.

Yes. Give the chick warm sugar water and Poultry Nutri-drench. It needs jump starting with glucose and main-lined vitamins as Nutri-drench by-passes the liver, not needing to be metabolized.

One teaspoon sugar to one cup water. Warmed.
Thank you for the help! But is there a way to replace poutrly nutri-drench with something more natural? I live in a state that doesnt exactly sell these stuff and ordering it online would take a whole month to get here, but thank you so much for helping :D

Last edited:
Do you have any types of vitamins or electrolytes including Gatorade? Where do you live? Are you near a grocery store or drug store, or feed store?

I've seen people use garlic, honey, and Apple cider vinegar with the mother in the water. Make sure the chicken stays warm and dry. I had one that needed some extra care and I kept her sectioned off from the others with her own heat source until she started walking properly.

Do you have any types of vitamins or electrolytes including Gatorade? Where do you live? Are you near a grocery store or drug store, or feed store?
I live in czech republic, there is a store couple minutes away from my house, they should have gatorade and stuff like this there

If you can get human vitamin B complex that has all B vitamins, that can be helpful. Crush 1/4–1/2 tablet daily and vive in a bit of water or food. Baby multivitamins (liquid) can also be used 3 drops daily. You can dip the chick’s beak in the water often and let it swallow.

If you can get human vitamin B complex that has all B vitamins, that can be helpful. Crush 1/4–1/2 tablet daily and vive in a bit of water or food. Baby multivitamins (liquid) can also be used 3 drops daily. You can dip the chick’s beak in the water often and let it swallow.
Okay, ill definitely try that, thank you alot for the help!🙏

Back
Top Bottom