MrsKroo

Songster
Jan 12, 2021
New Bern , NC
My situation is so different. My in-house pet Serama is six months old and became a broody for the first time a month ago. She is allowed around the house, so she follows me around and sleeps on a blanket on a couch. I’m concerned about her well-being so I have tried everything to break her broodiness. It has been impossible because she lays anywhere. I can’t “remove” her from her nest because everything is a nest to her. How can I break her safely? I’m scared she is losing weight. Thank you.

I have tried everything to break her broodiness.
Are you sure she broody?
Is she on nest most the day and all night?
When you pull her out of nest and put her on the ground, does she flatten right back out into a fluffy screeching pancake?
Does she walk around making a low cluckcluckcluckcluckcluck(ticking bomb) sound on her way back to the nest?

It has been impossible because she lays anywhere.
Is she still laying eggs?

Are you sure she broody?
Is she on nest most the day and all night?
When you pull her out of nest and put her on the ground, does she flatten right back out into a fluffy screeching pancake?
Does she walk around making a low cluckcluckcluckcluckcluck(ticking bomb) sound on her way back to the nest?

Is she still laying eggs?
Hi. She is not laying eggs she stopped when she got broody before that she had laid about 10 eggs. She acts just like a broody hen.
If I take her outside she forages and bathes but for about 1/2 hour then she looks for me so she can nest in me.
During the day she never gets out from her nest unless I pick her up and only eats when I put her in front of her food and water.
She likes a blanket for nesting but if her blanket is not available she lays down flat anywhere. I hope this answers your questions.

Back
Top Bottom