Need information soon!!!

Bigwig

Songster
5 Years
Jan 8, 2015
NC
Help!! My pregnant alpine doe has worms! She is not anemic, eats and drinks well, is active….but has been having diarrhea. Today I noticed several S shaped worms in her poo. She had just pooped so they could not have crawled onto it from the surrounding pasture. What kind of worms are they? Is there a dewormer that is safe for a pregnant doe?

I will try to get a dewormer tomorrow so I need info soon.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, agreed! If the vet has been out recently for anything, they may talk to you over the phone, but this seems like something a vet might want to look into to make sure the worms you saw are not the only issue. She may have other parasites that you can't see as well.

Last edited:
The first step is to get a fecal done to see what you are dealing with and what the parasite load is. The worms you are seeing are probably pin worms if they are small and wiggly. If they are flat segments they are most likely tapeworms. It has been some years since I have had goats, but if memory serves, pinworms are fairly harmless and tapeworms do not necessarily respond to the conventional treatments for worms. If I were you, I would do a little research on both.

Back
Top Bottom