Nervous Nelly

Sirina

Chirping
Jan 26, 2020
Arkansas
Ok so I have 7 bantam eggs and 7 barnyard full size mix in the incubator. Today is day 20 i expected I’d at least see some pips today or hear some chirping. I’ve only hatched out once before but that was with a very forgiving and patant bantam hen. The Bantams hatched day 20 and about 8 hrs later the full size eggs hatched. I also seen them move and heard noises. 2 days ago I candled and it looked like the pictures showed they should by that date. Do I have reason to be concerned? Or am I simply a nervous nelly?

Do you have a at least on calibrated thermometer in your bator?

What did you keep your humidity at?

Just the digital. 99.5 -100. Humidity was in the 50s but on the day of lock down I took them out of the turner and put them back in and when I put the lid back on the humidity wasn’t reading. I don’t know what happened. But I added a bit of water. It’s plenty humid. A bit of condensation on the observation glass

Just the digital. 99.5 -100. Humidity was in the 50s but on the day of lock down I took them out of the turner and put them back in and when I put the lid back on the humidity wasn’t reading. I don’t know what happened. But I added a bit of water. It’s plenty humid. A bit of condensation on the observation glass
Nothing you can do at this point but wait.

For next time...
Buy another thermometer or two and calibrate them.
Also buy a humidty gauge and salt test it.

If you see condensation it's too high.
50% is too high, imo too.

Can you shine a flashlight in the air cell side of the egg and get a clear photo right now?

Nothing you can do at this point but wait.

For next time...
Buy another thermometer or two and calibrate them.
Also buy a humidty gauge and salt test it.

If you see condensation it's too high.
50% is too high, imo too.

Can you shine a flashlight in the air cell side of the egg and get a clear photo right now?
I snuck in and peeked at two. Good air cell

Back
Top Bottom