Nevadans?

Missy the potatoes have grown so much I have no more dirt to cover them with! They look good, the garden looks AMAZING, we are getting so much food right now, and moving the nest boxes outside has helped so much this year with the heat- we haven't lost any birds which is a first for the summer!

th.gif
My bad Aubrey - Yep, Sunday the 28th at 4:15pm. I don't know why I was thinking Saturday. Missy, I'll be by your house about 3:45pm to pick you and the fam up, I don't want you guys walking it and besides I have some stuff for you too so bring a box with you to put dry loose dog food in it, Mille can't eat her old food any longer with her age and is on a special homemade sorta diet now.

th.gif
My bad Aubrey - Yep, Sunday the 28th at 4:15pm. I don't know why I was thinking Saturday. Missy, I'll be by your house about 3:45pm to pick you and the fam up, I don't want you guys walking it and besides I have some stuff for you too so bring a box with you to put dry loose dog food in it, Mille can't eat her old food any longer with her age and is on a special homemade sorta diet now.

Oh wow, thanks so much!

Missy the potatoes have grown so much I have no more dirt to cover them with! They look good, the garden looks AMAZING, we are getting so much food right now, and moving the nest boxes outside has helped so much this year with the heat- we haven't lost any birds which is a first for the summer!

celebrate.gif
Yay! Make sure we're there to help you dig them up, or it won't be an equal share at the end. I'm so excited! The potatoes over here are doing well, too. I wanted to top the dirt hills with straw, but that's kind of hard to do with no truck.

Lol thanks Sheryl! I was panicking...

Missy I don't plan on touching the potatoes t this point because I don't know what I'm doing haha

Super easy. If you see them turn yellow and start to die, let me know. Mine will be doing the same thing, though. It will be sometime in September, probably, and the ones by the fence will be latest.

Hi Everyone! I didn't know there was a Nevada thread until just today, so I thought I'd stop by to say hello! My name is Amy and I'm currently in Sun Valley and I am totally new to chickenry. I started with 2 White Leghorns and a Buff Orpington in March of this year. On May 22, my sister discovered someone had dumped 6 chickens in the desert next to our house
sad.png
After recruiting a neighbor and my mom, we caught all 6 and I decided to keep them. They are 2 RIRs, 1 White Leghorn, 1 Barred Rock, 1 Red Sexlink (I think) and 1 Ameraucana
smile.png
Well, after battles with flies and building bigger coops, today one of my original Leghorns (Lucy) laid her first egg!!!
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif

I hope to meet some interesting and cool people here!

Back
Top Bottom