New Aussie member.

Aussie Shane

In the Brooder
Jan 31, 2023
Hi folks, I'm not new to chicken care and raising but somewhat rusty having decided to get into self-sufficiency in my retirement some 40 years after leaving my family farm.
Learning lots of new things daily and absolutely enjoying the challenges and company of raising our Australorp chickens, Coturnix quail and Guinea fowl.
Have already gone through one crappy incubator. Found another and liked it so much I bought a second one.
Modifying the runs and coops to keep the fowl in and the predators out is a constantly changing challenge.
We also run Guinea pigs to mow the lawn and goats to mow the paddocks.
Looking forward to connecting over our shared interests in feathered friends.
Aussie Shane.

Attachments

• 20220926_145427.jpg
    20220926_145427.jpg
    788.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220528_150942.jpg
    20220528_150942.jpg
    479.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220508_110243.jpg
    20220508_110243.jpg
    634.2 KB · Views: 4
Chickens. quails, guinea fowls and four-leggeds? That should keep you busy!

I especially enjoyed your third photo of the contraption with the guinea fowls. I inherited a very similar "chicken tractor" (complete with zip ties attaching the wire to the frame) from a friend, who had been using it for rabbits.

Welcome to BYC; it's a great place to hang out and an easy place to make friends!

Hi folks, I'm not new to chicken care and raising but somewhat rusty having decided to get into self-sufficiency in my retirement some 40 years after leaving my family farm.
Learning lots of new things daily and absolutely enjoying the challenges and company of raising our Australorp chickens, Coturnix quail and Guinea fowl.
Have already gone through one crappy incubator. Found another and liked it so much I bought a second one.
Modifying the runs and coops to keep the fowl in and the predators out is a constantly changing challenge.
We also run Guinea pigs to mow the lawn and goats to mow the paddocks.
Looking forward to connecting over our shared interests in feathered friends.
Aussie Shane.
Welcome to BYC!! Beautiful birds!

Back
Top Bottom