New Chick(s) from Zone 6A

chickieBok

Chirping
Mar 1, 2023
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
True motivated interest & research hatched a few years ago, but we only recently settled into the right property to make our eggciting dream a reality!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We currently have our first 4 female chicks.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Two Ameraucana, a Cuckoo Maran, and a Barnevelder- you can see them enjoying some crumble in the attached screengrab from a recent video 🐥

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I most enjoy that they are a utility pet; we share our care & love, they share their eggs & precious quirks :)

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Plant mothering & medicine-making, wildcrafts, reading, yoga, baking, Dungeons & Dragons, & gaming in general- to name a few 😹

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I am a doll repaint & crochet artist. I share a small homestead with my partner, our fur son Fenris, plus our 3 meows- Vili, Saga, & Beyla.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I’ve used it as a lurker for a few years now, as it always seemed to have the most relevant results anytime I was doing research. I’ve decided to join this great community officially now that I finally have my own budding flock ♡ I am thankful for all the experiences I’ve read here to prepare me, and look forward to learning more from you all on my own journey into chicken math!

Attachments

• 221C78E3-FE7E-4FD9-9467-BE5C1ED54479.jpeg
    221C78E3-FE7E-4FD9-9467-BE5C1ED54479.jpeg
    297.1 KB · Views: 12
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
True motivated interest & research hatched a few years ago, but we only recently settled into the right property to make our eggciting dream a reality!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We currently have our first 4 female chicks.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Two Ameraucana, a Cuckoo Maran, and a Barnevelder- you can see them enjoying some crumble in the attached screengrab from a recent video 🐥

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I most enjoy that they are a utility pet; we share our care & love, they share their eggs & precious quirks :)

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Plant mothering & medicine-making, wildcrafts, reading, yoga, baking, Dungeons & Dragons, & gaming in general- to name a few 😹

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I am a doll repaint & crochet artist. I share a small homestead with my partner, our fur son Fenris, plus our 3 meows- Vili, Saga, & Beyla.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I’ve used it as a lurker for a few years now, as it always seemed to have the most relevant results anytime I was doing research. I’ve decided to join this great community officially now that I finally have my own budding flock ♡ I am thankful for all the experiences I’ve read here to prepare me, and look forward to learning more from you all on my own journey into chicken math!
Welcome to BYC!! Cute chicks! ❤️

Back
Top Bottom