New Chicken Lady in Bulverde

Hi. I am new to raising chickens but am very excited. I've wanted to for years. I got new chicks on Saturday and Sunday of this week. I kinda went crazy and got lavender Ameraucanas, wyandottes, leghorns, silkies, and Easter eggers. I have 11 chicks. I like the aspect of being able to grow a flock and provide for my family. I like to garden (also a novice at this). I like to travel with the women in my family. I am a Parrothead. I am a middle school science teacher but hope to retire within a year or so. I just happened upon this website while looking for chicken groups in the hill country.
Well welcome here . If you have enough patience to teach science to middle schoolers chickens will be a walk in the park! ( Have 13 grandkids that's such a crazy age.) Lol
No seriously you will find chickens and their individual personalities both fun to watch and the coop and run is a peaceful place for me.
You did get quite a nice mix of chicks. It will make for a very colorful egg basket. I'm glad you joined here I have learned a ton in the 3 years I've been a member. Lots of chicken wisdom here and always willing to answer the novice questions all of us newbies ask.
Suggestions : Hang out and talk to your chicks to get them used to your voice it helps when they are older. I even fed mine their moistened chick food or sm morsels of scrambled eggs starting at 2-3 weeks . Enjoy them they grow so FAST!
p.s. I gave mine chick grit free choice in a small hanging dish ( jar lid) @2 weeks of age. Glad your here teach. :frow

Well welcome here . If you have enough patience to teach science to middle schoolers chickens will be a walk in the park! ( Have 13 grandkids that's such a crazy age.) Lol
No seriously you will find chickens and their individual personalities both fun to watch and the coop and run is a peaceful place for me.
You did get quite a nice mix of chicks. It will make for a very colorful egg basket. I'm glad you joined here I have learned a ton in the 3 years I've been a member. Lots of chicken wisdom here and always willing to answer the novice questions all of us newbies ask.
Suggestions : Hang out and talk to your chicks to get them used to your voice it helps when they are older. I even fed mine their moistened chick food or sm morsels of scrambled eggs starting at 2-3 weeks . Enjoy them they grow so FAST!
p.s. I gave mine chick grit free choice in a small hanging dish ( jar lid) @2 weeks of age. Glad your here teach. :frow
:goodpost:

Back
Top Bottom