new chicks!!!

eichenluft

In the Brooder
12 Years
Mar 4, 2007
This forum made me do it - I am very happy with my 10 mixed-breed hens - they give me plenty of eggs, and make me happy - but NOOOOOOOOOOOO after I joined this forum I had to have more. So today I picked up my 25 new chicks ordered from McMurray (3 were dead in the box but the rest seem to be doing ok) - they are so CUTE!!! But now I'm frustrated - I can't find a copy of my order, and I want to know which chicks are what kinds!!! How can I tell???? I know I ordered several different breeds, mostly hens and a few roosters. I really would like to know which chicks are what breeds - is there somewhere that has pictures of chicks and their color/markings?

molly

Well, if you post their pics in the What Breed Is This section, I'm sure everyone here will help you figure it all out.

Try going to feathersite.com, to the chicken area. They have lots of pictures of adults and chicks. Also, you can post pics on here (I think it's a requirement to post pics of new chicks) so some of us can help identify them.

I can relate. I only had a desire for a few birds some 3 years ago so my dh said "do your homework." So I did, found BYC, and now, some 40 something birds later.........Yep, we're instigators and addicts ourselves......

My name is Becky and I, too, am a chickaholic...........

lau.gif

Is there a "Chickaholics Anonymous (or not) Club"? After I think about it, though......that's exactly what this forum is, isn't it? That or we're all enablers! LOL

Got the chicks yesterday - three were dead in the box when I opened it - the rest seemed to be fine - last night I made sure each and every one had a drink of water (they had been drinking but I made sure they got more just in case) and gave them all a dropper of liquid boost/antibiotics - some of them were a little quiet and only a few were interested in eating. This morning 4 more chicks were dead
sad.png

Is it normal to lose 7 chicks (or more?) when getting a shipment? And I still don't know what kinds they are - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I don't think that's normal. I would call the company.
If nothing else you should be guaranteed a refund for the dead ones.
The companies I was looking at guaranteed live shipments or refund.

Back
Top Bottom