New Duck Mom Member

Colley12

Songster
Aug 26, 2022
Oregon
Hello from Oregon! I have 4 ducklings, well quite big now at about 6 weeks. My sister lives on a farm and has all sorts of chickens, ducks, turkeys, etc. I have fallen in love with the Indian runners she has and wanted some of my own.

End of July we picked up 4 Indian runners that were 3 days to 1 week old. I originally had only wanted 2 😆 but here we are and I love them all. I have one blue, one is supposed to be fawn and white, but she is all buff colored. 2 are white with dark beaks with some light speckling? Heard it might be "silver/lavender" based on reading old posts. I think 2 are female and 1 male...still waiting on the youngest to get a bit older. All based on quacks and whispers. But hopefully in a few weeks we will be able to tell by tail feathers. The blue is the youngest in the photos. The more speckled white one is the boy that I'm holding in the 3rd picture. The white one really quacked a bunch yesterday when I picked her up. I think she found her voice. The buff one is Penny and she has been quacking for about a week. Very deep and has alot to say.

We live in a suburb and are allowed 6 chickens or ducks. We built a duck house with a small outdoor space. Our whole backyard is fenced and they get free rein all day and only go in the duck house at night or when they choose during the day to rest from the heat right now.

After reading all the posts since mid July, happy to finally join and post!

Attachments

• signal-2022-08-26-12-01-55-897.jpg
    signal-2022-08-26-12-01-55-897.jpg
    822.8 KB · Views: 11
  • signal-2022-08-21-07-59-55-604.jpg
    signal-2022-08-21-07-59-55-604.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 5
  • signal-2022-08-24-18-41-05-153~2.jpg
    signal-2022-08-24-18-41-05-153~2.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 4
Hello from Oregon! I have 4 ducklings, well quite big now at about 6 weeks. My sister lives on a farm and has all sorts of chickens, ducks, turkeys, etc. I have fallen in love with the Indian runners she has and wanted some of my own.

End of July we picked up 4 Indian runners that were 3 days to 1 week old. I originally had only wanted 2 😆 but here we are and I love them all. I have one blue, one is supposed to be fawn and white, but she is all buff colored. 2 are white with dark beaks with some light speckling? Heard it might be "silver/lavender" based on reading old posts. I think 2 are female and 1 male...still waiting on the youngest to get a bit older. All based on quacks and whispers. But hopefully in a few weeks we will be able to tell by tail feathers. The blue is the youngest in the photos. The more speckled white one is the boy that I'm holding in the 3rd picture. The white one really quacked a bunch yesterday when I picked her up. I think she found her voice. The buff one is Penny and she has been quacking for about a week. Very deep and has alot to say.

We live in a suburb and are allowed 6 chickens or ducks. We built a duck house with a small outdoor space. Our whole backyard is fenced and they get free rein all day and only go in the duck house at night or when they choose during the day to rest from the heat right now.

After reading all the posts since mid July, happy to finally join and post!
Welcome to BYC!! Your ducks look so pretty!

Back
Top Bottom