New Duck Mommy

DenverDucky

Songster
7 Years
Mar 28, 2012
Colorado
Hi everyone! My name is Carrie and I'm mommy duck to a two week old pekin duckling named Soleil. She is such a sweet girl who loves to cuddle and climb all over me. This is my first duck and I've enjoyed having her in my life! I'm not sure how to put pics into a thread but as soon as I do I will post them up. Thanks for reading and have a great day!
-Carrie

Last edited:
Hi everyone! My name is Carrie and I'm mommy duck to a two week old pekin duckling named Soleil. She is such a sweet girl who loves to cuddle and climb all over me. This is my first duck and I've enjoyed having her in my life! I'm not sure how to put pics into a thread but I will be adding but as soon as I do I will post them up. Thanks for reading and have a great day!
-Carrie

What a precious avatar..
welcome-byc.gif
I assume that is Soleil? do you just have the one duck?

She is adorable! Coming from someone whos dealing with the disaster of being an uneducated newbie mom and only wanting one duck....I would get another one now! We got our boy last year and waited until this year to get more and hes a wreck from being alone :( Unless she will be in the house with you all the time...

She is adorable! Coming from someone whos dealing with the disaster of being an uneducated newbie mom and only wanting one duck....I would get another one now! We got our boy last year and waited until this year to get more and hes a wreck from being alone :( Unless she will be in the house with you all the time...

Thanks! I was planning to have two but the second one died during shipping :weep: I thought it was going to be hard on Soleil but the moment I got to the car and opened the box to see her and cry over the loss of her sister Willow she just leapt from the box onto me and she never looked back. We buried Willow in my parents backyard. It was sad but I think she died early on since she was smaller and didn't look heathy like Soleil.

As far as indoor/outdoor I'm planning to be keeping her as a house duck, diapers and all hah I ordered ones as well made some so she's able to cuddle without the mess and she's already loving them because she can cuddle with me all the time :D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom