New Hampshire Chickenstock! Update!

Hi, we're getting our first chickens next month (8 RIRs). This website has been a great resource. My DH, DS (baby), and I would love to come! We're in Greenfield, NH.

Will people be bringing their chickens? I'd like to bring one of mine but what are the suggestions about how to do this? I have an ex-pen and crates.

you cant boil eggs>>>?
ok, i think that rachel ray had some great ideas with develd eggs on her show the other day,,

we are having an issue,,,with the chicken stock 08 , the other site thinks this site will be upset with the name if everyone in new england is invited it isnt just a byc thing, what do you think>?

yes, bring chickens just to show others, to enter into the funky chicken show, or to sell, buy etc,,,
we crate ours any wire pen will do,

Yeah! I'm so excited!
big_smile.png

Chickn, I say anyone who hears about it is "invited". It's not like it's a private club. Chicken love is universal!

that was my thoughts, but someone had mentioned using the "chicken stock" name and it not being a byc exclusive, is the problem. i dont think it should be,but not sure,wanted to get feedback.

About boiling eggs, yes I can boil eggs!!! But I've never boiled "fresh" eggs! I understand that peeling them can be an issue? I claim to be blonde (bleached) but not THAT blonde!

Cheryl, ya don't boil fresh eggs - ya wait until they're two weeks old. Just bite the bullet and whatever eggs your girls give you today, just tuck them away in the lower shelf of your fridge with a note taped on them saying "to be hard-cooked the week of May 5". That's how I do it.

(Also, you don't actually let them sit and boil. That's what causes the icky smelly green ring around the yolk. Bring them just to a rolling boil and then take them off the heat and wait for 10-15 minutes, then soak in very cold water.)

Back
Top Bottom