New Hampshire!!

I am at 3 now with a bunch more rocking the house! It is day 27 here. Congrats to the both of you, too!

Speaking of Polish - these came today. TOLBUNTS!!! I have 2 more in the brooder. So hoping for a quad! So cute. These are my first Polish so looking forward to seeing what they are like.
wee.gif

Speaking of Polish - these came today. TOLBUNTS!!! I have 2 more in the brooder. So hoping for a quad! So cute. These are my first Polish so looking forward to seeing what they are like.
wee.gif

Nice!
thumbsup.gif
What breeder did you get yours from. We have a breed pen up and coming too. We also have a frizzled roo. Are all of yours smooth?

These are very cute birds aren't they!?!
love.gif

Last edited:
Hello All,
We have already seen alot of ticks this year, anyone know where i can get a few guineas? McMurry hatchery only sells in a quantity of 30 and that's way too much.

Also any tips on how many i should get? I got a little over 5 acres total and about half is field. We already have plenty of chickens so taking care of the guineas shouldn't be hard. I assume they can eat my normal Blue Seal extra egg feed? And any other tips on the subject would be very appreciated, Thanks

Hello All,
We have already seen alot of ticks this year, anyone know where i can get a few guineas? McMurry hatchery only sells in a quantity of 30 and that's way too much.

Also any tips on how many i should get? I got a little over 5 acres total and about half is field. We already have plenty of chickens so taking care of the guineas shouldn't be hard. I assume they can eat my normal Blue Seal extra egg feed? And any other tips on the subject would be very appreciated, Thanks
Hi Chicken Techie,

I have 12 guinea eggs in my incubator due to hatch out on May 18th, I have not had a chance to actually candle the eggs yet so I'm not sure how many are fertile. They are supposed to be lavender color guineas. Let me know if you are interested and I'll keep you in the loop on their hatching.

-Lisa

Hello All,

We got 12 guineas last year through Blue Seal. They often have keets but they go fast, so we got lucky as we asked late. The Blue Seal in Chichester seems to have less of a backlog or orders (ie, Concord Agway sold out before the keets even arrived), so we actually found some there for the taking. There are lots of web sources, too. We raised ours with our chicks and they all roost together in the same coop now. They need to start on game bird crumbles, as the chick starter is too much protein for them, but once they are about four-six months old they can all go onto egg layer.

Ours are a year old now and didn't do anything for the ticks the first year, as they were penned in the brooder all summer. They're hilarious and noisy birds, but we hope for good results with the ticks this year. We have 20 acres and only nine guineas (three disappeared, and we suspect a fox or coyote, but all we found were feathers in a far field), but they spend a lot of time all over the property so fingers crossed they're eating enough ticks to make a difference. They are roamers, though - if you have neighbors, warn them that they will have guineas. We can't keep ours out of the neighbor's yards. They're good fliers, and they like to roam. We try to tell the neighbors that the ticks being eaten is worth the noise the guineas make, but some aren't pleased all the same.
hmm.png

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom