New here from AZ

Nikki28

David Bowie is my co-pilot
11 Years
Dec 15, 2008
Hello! I am new to this forum and to owning chickens so I'm sure that I will have tons of questions as time goes on. I live in Prescott Arizona with my boyfriend and have been a veterinary technician for almost 6 years. I currently have 6 Red Star pullets that are 7 weeks old and are growing sooooo fast! In the Spring I will also be starting my first full out vegetable and herb garden. Thanks for your time!
smile.png

-Nikki

Welcome. I imagine it's cold up there tonight. It's cold here in Phoenix!

Congrats on the red stars, they should be giving you delicious eggs before you know it and be certain to save that chicken poo to put in your garden!

Hi Nikki,

Welcome and we will look forward to heaing more about your garden too.

You have a great job working with animals, bet it is really interesting.

Jena.

Mahonri - It is freezing here. I feel bad for the chicks I just moved them into their coop two days ago out of the warmth of our green room. I have a small heater in the coop and they are warm, dry and happy last I checked. We have had quite a bit of snow already. I have a compost started that I've been adding the poo to. It's nice to meet a fellow Arizona person.
smile.png

Jena- Thanks I am excited to start the Garden, 2009 is going to be a very exciting year!

Nikki...

If you need more chickens... there is a place in north Phoenix where you can get started pullets of a number of different breeds... I can get you the phone# and address. she had clean birds.

Besides you need to come down off of the mountain to get warm once in a while.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom