New here from the Philippines

WylieCoyote

Chirping
Mar 31, 2021
Philippines
Hello all, new here to this site. We have natives chickens here and have around 30 plus chickens altogether. And we started raising them two years ago. Started out with two hens and rooster. I am retired and my wife is from the Philippines. I joined this site because I am looking for information about trying to heal a injured chick. And what to feed it with a syringe or dropper. The chick is around a month old and has been pecked on by the other chicks that are the same age. The injury is to the head and there no skin left on it there. Eyes are shut as well. And I have given it some water which it drinks a little. But unable to eat right now. Going on two days without food. Any suggestion is helpful. Thanks.

Hi and welcome to BYC. You may wish to consider increasing the size of your brooder, installing objects that will interest / occupy your chicks (shiny objects, such as CDs) to prevent a repeat of the attack. Others will be along to advise on treatment of your chick.

Hi and welcome to BYC. You may wish to consider increasing the size of your brooder, installing objects that will interest / occupy your chicks (shiny objects, such as CDs) to prevent a repeat of the attack. Others will be along to advise on treatment of your chick.
Thanks for the info, we just moved them to a larger area today. So they have a lot more room to roam and move.

Back
Top Bottom