New Here...Help, what have I done???

Well if you were in So Ca. I would say welcome but since your not & I'm assuming your easten state I'd say welcome to the 21st century:lol:
lol.png

thats normal for around here we had to learn it all on our own no one to help us but thats what made us stronger our oldest 2 kids were unbetable in 4-H our son was the youngest to go to State comp 4 yr in roll for master showmanship, & I think in '95 was & is the only person to wiwn double title Nat'l ARBA Royality &&& judging in the same yr.

What I'm saying is don't get mad get smarter & stronger from it, it can be done.

Our kids are 3rd. gen 4-H, My wife's & my parents are not Ca. native & were depression raised so the way we were raised with a strong Ag. backgrd we are real feeling out of our element living here now & hoping to move out of state within 2 yr. So what I'm sayin in short is I know what your going through.

Get your birds between 7-71/2 wk old

yup, in our area, you go and pick up your birds from texas a&m, i believe, on a certain date. all the birds are tagged and have numbers. they have to have that tag when they are shown. this way, the kids all have the same birds from the same hatchery at the same time.

Wow! Those are some kids to be proud of Bill! I love to see kids get that involved in showmanship.
Most people don't consider us Southern California. We be desert rats I guess. We are in the high desert, way east of Barstow out in the middle of no where! Been here for years and we are leaving as soon as this place sells. Things are still selling here because of all the water so we are just waiting for someone to buy.
I am pretty familiar with your area too. We still have friends in Norco that have been there all their lives. That place has really changed. My family use to own a feed store in Mira Loma.
Anyway Thanks Again for everyone's help.
Have a Great Day Everybody!

hello all ....hens dont grow as fast as the roosters do so you might get the right weight by fair time ...i give them extra vitimins and minnerls for their legs sold by the hatchery..they do eat a lot i keep their hoppers full i use commerical feed grower then finisher with lower proten..as for housing i let them out in the day and close them in the coop at night because of preators... about 4 sq foot per bird in the coop and i use wood shavings for coop (good for garden afterwoods) and keep fresh water in front of them and their good eating when their time comes.....homefarm.....

CongratulationsWyatt!!!!!!!!!!!!
He just won "Supreme Champion!"
at the Victorville Fair, San Bernadino Ca.

I know this is an old topic but I just wanted up date people to know how he did,

It was nice to help someone who take advice seriously.

Again Congrats. !!!!!

Back
Top Bottom