New here

Bryces3

In the Brooder
May 18, 2024
Hey I new to byc I had a fox attack my coop last night. My rooster is alive still, lost 4 hens though, but rooster can't lift his head much, he can stand sometimes and move his wings but he mostly just lays down. He will drink water but won't eat

Attachments

• 20240518_130413.jpg
    20240518_130413.jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 53
Hey I new to byc I had a fox attack my coop last night. My rooster is alive still, lost 4 hens though, but rooster can't lift his head much, he can stand sometimes and move his wings but he mostly just lays down. He will drink water but won't eat
Welcome to BYC. I'm so sorry. Your rooster may be in shock, may be sore, or he may have some internal injuries.
Does he have puncture wounds? If so could you get a picture of them?
Electrolytes for chickens may be helpful. You can find them on Amazon or at your local chain Feedstore, such as tractor supply.

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow

I am so sorry about your flock. :hugs I am sure its quite traumatizing. I agree with the others, your boy is probably in shock. Keep him quiet and don't force him to do anything including roosting. I'd definitely use some Gatorade and hopefully he pops back soon. Give him some lovin' for me. ❤️

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
I'm so sorry you lost your hands and your rooster is suffering. He's most assuredly in shock. In addition to getting him properly hydrated with electrolytes, you also want to keep him warm in a very quiet place to help him recover. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom