New member from CT

HavaChick

Hatching
8 Years
Aug 7, 2011
Hello, I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ronnie I'm from the Naugatuck Valley in Connecticut. I've been referring to the forum as a source of info for some time, so it is only appropriate to join and say, thanks for the great info!
Our family owns two buff orpingtons and eight RIRs pullets for four months now. They free range during the day. I am a breeder/Exhibitor of Havanese dogs and so, long ago we built a double fence to keep Coyote out. This is an advantage for sure, to an extent. Anyhow, I also own two German Shepherd dogs both are family protection dogs, they are great with kids, small dogs and hens. We currently have 4 Havanese dogs, 1 cat and 4 fancy rats. I'm glad to know I'm not the only animal hoarder here LOL!
Since childhood, I have been involved in caring for animals, working for Veterinarian Hospitals and Wildlife Rehabilitation (Marsupials) I have raised dogs for 10 years, I've learned the inside tricks and tips to raising animals on a budget. I enjoy cooking, I love peasant cooking, campfire cooking and getting back to basics, as I believe that we will need these skills in the very near future! I am a Baptist Christian(former Catholic), married with two children, I am so happy that we got chickens and my only regret is that we didn't do it sooner!

Hey Ronnie,
frow.gif
Hello, from the Big Bear mountains of Ca. Glad you found us.
welcome-byc.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom