New member from Texas

texaschick-a-dee

Songster
11 Years
Dec 8, 2008
Texas coast
Hi everyone!
Love this site and had to be a member! A little about me....My name is Carmen and I live on the Texas gulf coast. I am married and we have 4 children, 2 girls ages 9 & 15 and 2 boys ages 12 & 14. I work in the special education department at a high school and get to enjoy alot of time off with my kids and animals. We live on 20 acres and in the house that I grew up in and I love being able to raise my kids out in the country. My oldest son and I are cut from the same cloth......we both love animals and together we started our "chicken venture". We started with about 12 straight runs from the feed store and just as we started getting eggs the coons started getting the chickens and wiped us out. We then regrouped and I bought 10 pullets from the feed store and it's grown from there, we now have 30+ hens and roosters in our pen and last month we recieved another order of 24 brown egg layers from McMurray.
Our other animals include 2 labradors (Sassy & Cash), 2 chihuahuas (Bella & Smeogle), a redbone coonhound (Liza), a mixed dog (Missy), 1 cat that holds the fort down (Pete), 2 pygmy goat girls (Daisy & Dolly), 1 quaker parrot (Boo) and a parakeet (Skippy) oh and 1 pet heifer (Bluebell). I also have ponds that I love to sit by and watch my goldfish and koi swim around in. My kids also raise showpigs and goats for the county fair so we usually have several of those around.

That's pretty much it.

welcome-byc.gif
WELCOME

Back
Top Bottom