New member intro

El Padre eGGers

Chirping
Apr 14, 2024
Hi everyone! My name is Heather. My husband, Dave and I decided to get backyard chickens. We got our first 6 chicks on March 11th. Five Easter Eggers and a mystery chick. I believe the mystery chick is a Blue Orpington, thanks to the help from BYC! Then on March 22nd, my parents surprised me with a gift of two more chickens. Two Black Australorps! So I'm up to 8 chicks, all of them around 7 weeks old now. Just moved them to their coop. My favorite and most surprising aspect of raising chicks so far, their individual personalities and how endearing they really are. I've got two granddaughters both under 2 yrs old. My hope is to raise friendly chicks that they can interact with as well as collect colorful eggs. I found BYC by googling some chick related questions, found great info and responses. Cheers from El Padre and GG (aka Dave and Heather)

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow

Chickens sure are easy to fall in love with, aren't they?! Congrats on your new flock! If you have any questions about them along the way, be sure to ask.

Make yourself at home here and welcome to our community!

Hi everyone! My name is Heather. My husband, Dave and I decided to get backyard chickens. We got our first 6 chicks on March 11th. Five Easter Eggers and a mystery chick. I believe the mystery chick is a Blue Orpington, thanks to the help from BYC! Then on March 22nd, my parents surprised me with a gift of two more chickens. Two Black Australorps! So I'm up to 8 chicks, all of them around 7 weeks old now. Just moved them to their coop. My favorite and most surprising aspect of raising chicks so far, their individual personalities and how endearing they really are. I've got two granddaughters both under 2 yrs old. My hope is to raise friendly chicks that they can interact with as well as collect colorful eggs. I found BYC by googling some chick related questions, found great info and responses. Cheers from El Padre and GG (aka Dave and Heather)
Welcome. You will love this site. Your chickens will enjoy your grandchildren. Just teach them that chickens are inherently afraid of us - for good reason, and then their expectations will be set. Easter Eggers are really friendly.

Back
Top Bottom