New member introduction—finally joined after a year!

NC_Quail

Would rather be gardening
Aug 28, 2021
Raleigh, North Carolina
Hi there! I have been lurking for a year-ish now and i finally had to join when my quail started having issues, and i thought i might as well introduce myself!
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I’m a teen so I’ve had chickens since i was little, probably 7-8 years now. My friends had chickens, and i didnt want to take care of a dog, so i got chickens!
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We have 3 chickens, 4 quail, an unknown large number of fish, and one outdoor cat who is missing right now.
(3) What breeds do you have?
i have one Rhode island red, one Ameracauna (correct me if i spelled that wrong), and one Easter Egger who was sold as an Ameracauna :idunno . All our quail are Courturnix, and I have tropical and gold fish.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
the EGGS, obviously! Our one Ameracauna hen is very quirky, she likes to sneak up on the porch and steal the cat food when no one is looking. She sometimes tries to be a wild jungle fowl and roost in our tree, even though she is old and fat.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I enjoy fishing, drawing, chicken-keeping (of course) and kayaking.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Our cat is named Remington, he is a good cat, but he went missing recently. We think one of our neighbors might have taken him in, as he is very friendly. We are considering getting another cat.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
i have been lurking on BYC for almost a year now, and since i had to post a few questions about my quail, i decided i might as well introduce myself to the community. It would be dream sometime in the distant future to have a large flock with a rooster and maybe start a hatchery. Also, I WANT DUCKS!!

Back
Top Bottom