New Member - Jamestown NY / Warren PA area - Help identifying Golden Comet Roos

Catie1212

Chirping
May 1, 2023
Jamestown NY / Warren PA
Hi!

I am new to the chicken world and just got my first flock of 6 Golden Comets at the end of March. They are now starting into their 5 week point.

I know they are a sex-link breed, and although per Tractor Supply, they are all supposed to be pullets, I think I may have two Roos. I have included a pic for reference to see what your thoughts are. The two orange / white chicks were also lighter when they came home then the others as well.

I am probably going to move them to their coop next week when the lows will be in the high 40's at the coldest. Do you think this will be too cold in an uninsulated coop?

Thanks all! :)

Chicks.jpg

Hi!

I am new to the chicken world and just got my first flock of 6 Golden Comets at the end of March. They are now starting into their 5 week point.

I know they are a sex-link breed, and although per Tractor Supply, they are all supposed to be pullets, I think I may have two Roos. I have included a pic for reference to see what your thoughts are. The two orange / white chicks were also lighter when they came home then the others as well.

I am probably going to move them to their coop next week when the lows will be in the high 40's at the coldest. Do you think this will be too cold in an uninsulated coop?

Thanks all! :)

View attachment 3489043
Welcome to BYC!! They’re looking like pullets to me.. they should be moved out though, they have all their feathers in.

Thank you Blue Raptor! This week is really cold here, 30's at night. By this weekend, it will be in the high 40's for lows. Is this okay for them with no additional heat source?
50 is the preferred lowest temp, do you know if the temperatures raises there? If it doesn’t, you may want to add a heat source.

Back
Top Bottom