New member Twila

Twila89

In the Brooder
May 5, 2024
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I was raised with chickens till I was 14 then didn't get my own till 4 years ago I'm (34) I still feel there's so much I don't know
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have 90 chickens 6 under a broody hen an more incubating
(3) What breeds do you have?

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? I just love watching them an all there different personalities an I of course love the eggs we plan to move an raise some meat chickens we wanna raise an grow all our own food

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I love all animals taking care of all the farm animals is the highlight of my day but also love hiking an exploring the woods I'm really big on learning survival techniques

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

There's me my husband and 6 kids ages 5 to 17 3 dogs Frank Teddy and Urik 90 chickens 4 Guineas 1 turkey 2 Guinea pigs and one rabbit we are in the process of selling our house we plan to by land an a cabin an go off grid we will slowly build our home an raise an grow all our own food find a natural source of water an use solar for power we are all very excited ibwas afraid the older kids wouldn't be on board bc we only plan to have enough solar for lights starting out so no wifi but they are on board an just as excited as us this is a big step in life for us I've always wanted to do this but took a while to convince my husband but we are now on the same page an so close to making are dream a reality

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D I was looking on Google for answers about chicks an came across it I'm hoping to learn more from real people Thanks For adding me 💚

Attachments

• 20240409_085808.jpg
    20240409_085808.jpg
    639.2 KB · Views: 17

Back
Top Bottom