New Member with a Young Flock

Thanks everyone. She’s doing quite well. Her limp is improving, and some feathers are regrowing. i let her visit the other three hens each day, but it’s slow going. They are bullies. Once she completely healed, I’ll begin reintegration in earnest.
@matojack Thanks for the update on her! Definitely go slow with the integration and don't be afraid to cage bullies for a while too.

Thanks everyone. She’s doing quite well. Her limp is improving, and some feathers are regrowing. i let her visit the other three hens each day, but it’s slow going. They are bullies. Once she completely healed, I’ll begin reintegration in earnest.

She is now back in the coup and pen full time. Here she is (the red one) with two of her friends a few days ago free roaming in the yard. 😍 She looks so much better now with many feathers, including her fluff, regrowing. Her limp only shows up as she skips when she tries to run. Thanks again for all the well wishes and great ideas. Baby aspirin, hand feeding her, and giving her a mirror while she was isolated led to this great outcome. We look forward to her laying eggs again in the not too distant future.

Attachments

• IMG_9039.jpeg
    IMG_9039.jpeg
    731.7 KB · Views: 4
She is now back in the coup and pen full time. Here she is (the red one) with two of her friends a few days ago free roaming in the yard. 😍 She looks so much better now with many feathers, including her fluff, regrowing. Her limp only shows up as she skips when she tries to run. Thanks again for all the well wishes and great ideas. Baby aspirin, hand feeding her, and giving her a mirror while she was isolated led to this great outcome. We look forward to her laying eggs again in the not too distant future.
Such good news! Thanks for letting us know. I hope she keeps improving! :love

Back
Top Bottom