Jadecinadr96

Songster
Mar 25, 2019
Wisconsin
Hello everyone, my name is Jade! I am a new member here. My boyfriend and I bought a home in the city a few months back. We have a large yard and an even larger Chicken Coop that we are grandfathered into having on our property. Photo included. :) We are very exciting to begin having chickens and ducks. I have reached out to some on a Facebook group regarding mice in the chicken coop as when we went in there to clean it out, we noticed some mice in there as it has been vacant since the old owners moved out.

I am asking for some general advice if anyone has any. The coop is bare right now. We have a quarter of the coop for "storage" a quarter of the coop for ducks, a quarter for chickens and then a LARGE outside fenced in area where I assume they can go outside and "play". There is a "doggy door" on the coop so that the chickens can get outside.

I know we need nesting areas for the chickens and ducks. Advice on what to use for this?

I know we should use METAL for the feed.

Should I plant anything in the grass area of the coop? The outside part?

We are very excited to start this journey. Thank you in advanced to anyone's advice.

Attachments

• coop.jpg
    coop.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 14
Welcome to Backyard Chickens do not be surprised chickens will eat mice also .. loved the photo have you bought birds yet ? where are you located please ?
Located in Waukesha County. We have not bought birds yet. Waiting to clean out the coop, (most likely this week/weekend) and prepare - then we will purchase!

Back
Top Bottom