taraf

Chirping
Feb 20, 2021
Just joining from Alberta Canada, planning for my first small flock of chickens this spring. I've been researching away and have come across BYC so many times. Looking forward to learning and sharing with the community!

I have been studying breeds and looking for a best-fit for cold weather and cuddly egg layers (lap chicken priorities!)

Next steps: finding my breed(s) nearby (Faverolles I hope) and best way to semi-'garuntee' hens. No roosters allowed in the city. Plans are underway for a 3.5 by 5 ft coop for 3-4 ladies with a 40 square foot run. Learning a ton about proper ventilation, feed/water, prepping for weather and keeping the gals healthy.

Any thoughts appreciated on the where and how to finding specific breeds in Alberta. :)

Just joining from Alberta Canada, planning for my first small flock of chickens this spring. I've been researching away and have come across BYC so many times. Looking forward to learning and sharing with the community!

I have been studying breeds and looking for a best-fit for cold weather and cuddly egg layers (lap chicken priorities!)

Next steps: finding my breed(s) nearby (Faverolles I hope) and best way to semi-'garuntee' hens. No roosters allowed in the city. Plans are underway for a 3.5 by 5 ft coop for 3-4 ladies with a 40 square foot run. Learning a ton about proper ventilation, feed/water, prepping for weather and keeping the gals healthy.

Any thoughts appreciated on the where and how to finding specific breeds in Alberta. :)
Welcome!

Back
Top Bottom